Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2014

Note to Wittingham - the problem with your offense is not the QB.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    In the ASU game at about the 8 minute mark of the 4th Utah had 3rd and 8.... and they ran Booker between the tackles.... they didn't even give Wilson a chance. At that point I knew where things were heading.

Yeah it was at that point where I was screaming at Whitt and throwing popcorn at the screen...Booker down the middle? Are you kidding me?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I like reading the newspaper of Utah's opponents to see what they are saying.... below is what they are saying in oregon. I notice the writer agrees with me on the RES home field advantage.

Oregon Ducks vs. Utah Utes Complete Game Preview
    By Jason Gold , Oregon Lead Writer

After finally taking care of their “Stanford Problem,” the No. 5-ranked Oregon Ducks (8-1, 5-1) have cleared a lane to the inaugural College Football Playoff.

However, the No. 20-ranked Utah Utes (6-2, 3-2) will attempt to play spoiler and are the Ducks’ last true regular-season roadblock.

While the Ducks still have regular-season games against Colorado and Oregon State, the Utes will really challenge the Ducks and have one of the best home-field advantages in the entire Pac-12, if not the country.

Coming off of a huge win over Stanford, Oregon may be looking past a team that definitely has a chance to pull off the upset.

Utah features a stout defense, amazing special teams and one of the best running backs in the country in junior Devontae Booker.

Throw in the elevation of Utah’s home field—Rice-Eccles Stadium sits 4,657 feet above sea level—and you understand why the Ducks should be on high alert.

This isn’t the Utah of a couple years ago that couldn’t compete in the Pac-12. These Utes came to play this season and will be looking to right the ship after an overtime loss at Arizona State last weekend.

Meanwhile, the Ducks know they only have three more regular-season opportunities to make their case for a playoff spot.

A solid win over Utah in Salt Lake City would be of value to their resume. They also know a loss on Nov. 8 would spoil their postseason aspirations.

Here's what you need to know:

Date: Saturday, Nov. 8

Time: 7 p.m. PT/10 p.m. ET

Place: Rice-Eccles Stadium (Salt Lake City, Utah)

TV: ESPN

Spread: Oregon -9.5, according to Odds Shark

Nice article..

• Oct. 12, 2013 - Utah beats #5 Stanford at RES
    • Oct. 25, 2014 - Utah beats #20 USC at RES
    • Nov. 8, 2014 - Utah vs. #5 Oregon at RES

The last time the Ducks came to town was back in 2003, when they were ranked #19 in the polls. The Utes won 17-13.

We've played them twice since then and lost both times....but that was on their turf.

Odds still pick the Ducks by 8.5 - 10 points.

Anyone else care to wager a prediction?

I think the Ducks get the W:

Oregon 34
    Utah 24

Oregon's offensive coordinator talking about Utah's D: http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/inde...cott_fr_2.html

Salute America Uniforms for the Oregon game.

I'm just hoping our offense makes an appearance.

Hopefully Oregon gets lulled into thinking all they have to do is just show up.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Hopefully Oregon gets lulled into thinking all they have to do is just show up.
    That would be nice, but probably won't happen. It will be a rough game.

The only way Utah wins is if the coaching staff turns Wilson lose... to beat the Ducks we need a gunslinger and not a game manager. Go big or go home.

But I doubt that it will happen, and even if it did I think the coaching staff has destroyed Wilson's confidence.

ASU is waxing ND at half 34-10.

ND is way over rated. I've been waiting for someone to put them in their place so we could get them out of the national championship discussion.

Utah Football 2014

48-31 ASU. Back to your regular scheduled programming.

#3 Auburn goes down in flames...

Hopefully so does the SEC playoff party.