Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2014

Utah Football 2014

Really, Kyle Wittingham, ANOTHER new OC.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The Wyoming HC = big hire?

It would probably be a lot more productive if the Utes went out and found themselves a QB.

When Utah were a mid-major they had good QB's (Alex Smith, Brett Ratliff, Brian Johnson), but now they are in the PAC 12 they can't seem to beg, barrow or steal a good QB.

And I moved all this to a new 2014 thread because the Utes are finished with the 2013 season and are now home sitting on the couch watching bowl games on TV.

5. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    As a Utah fan I guess I should be looking at the bright side of this new OC hire.....

... at least the Utes didn't hire Robert Anae....

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Utah Football 2014

TE Jake Murphy to enter NFL draft in spring

SALT LAKE CITY

Has anybody heard of this guy?

--

Jim Harding is New Ute Offensive Line Coach

http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-fo...011414aaa.html

Utah football: Brian Johnson leaving the Utes for Mississippi State

From PAC 12 bottomfeeder to an SEC bottomfeeder.... heck.... that is actually a step up for BJ.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

I have always wondered what everyone was seeing in Brian Johnson(well documented on this site). I railed on his hire as an OC, didn't understand keeping him as a Co-OC and really could not care less about his leaving, other than it appeared that he was a solid recruiter. I cannot think of anything he did with Utah that made me think, "Wow...he sure can develop talent."

As far as Utah getting good QB's....they are getting kids in the system, they are not being developed....who was charged with that task?

I truly look at this as a PERFECT opportunity for Utah to upgrade at that position coach.

13. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Looks like Travis Wilson will return. I wonder who the starter will be?

http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile3/5...ravis.html.csp

Whit will probably pin the seasons hope on an injury prone QB. That seems to be his style.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Thoughts in the 2014 schedule?

That is a very difficult schedule. The only cupcake is Idaho State. If I remember correctly Fresno State ended 2013 ranked #20, Michigan is a storied program, and every PAC 12 team is tough.

I think a 6-6 record with a no name bowl would be lucky, because right now I'm seeing a 5-7 year at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    That is a very difficult schedule. The only cupcake is Idaho State. If I remember correctly Fresno State ended 2013 ranked #20, Michigan is a storied program, and every PAC 12 team is tough.

I think a 6-6 record with a no name bowl would be lucky, because right now I'm seeing a 5-7 year at best.
    If the Utes can win their first 4, they'll get to 6... If not, I think they are winning 4-5 games.

Though they could get a win in any game they play(see: Stanford 2013), I think UCLA, USC, ASU, Oregon or Stanford are all losses. So 7 games to get 6 wins and I'm not sure they can do that without winning their first 4, then getting 2 wins in their last 8 games.

Excited to see Gionni Paul on the field.

Can't get any worse than last year, well....I guess it can, both by fewer wins and no joy of beating BYU.

Then again, if they win their first 4....maybe they will get some confidence and actually sneak another win and get 7....

Or start 2-2 and win 4......

Just dumped Direct TV for Dish and now have the Pac-12 Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    Just dumped Direct TV for Dish and now have the Pac-12 Channel!
    I did that last Summer and could not be more pleased. I did it for the PAC12 Network, but now having it for close to a year, I think I actually prefer Dish. The Hopper with sling kicks tail.