Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2014

I agree.... Texas is traditionally one of the top 5 programs in the country. Every high school player in the state dreams of playing for the Longhorns.
    As for the state of Utah.... it was probably close between the cougs and the Utes, until the Utes joined the PAC12. BYU needs to stop playing mostly glorified high school teams and find a place in the BIG12 if they ever want to be relevant.

Tap'n on my smart phone.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BYU is like the hot girl at the school dance standing off to the side that everyone is afraid to ask to dance. BYU would go to the Big 12 in a heart beat if asked. (Waiting for the replies to this comment. )
    Life is Good

4. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I think the two will eventually get together.... it's all about the money. The Big 12 needs 12 teams so they can have a conference championship game. Just the TV rights to those conference championship games is something like $25 million. BYU brings a lot to the table with a nice stadium, nice program and large following.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    BYU is like the hot girl at the school dance standing off to the side that everyone is afraid to ask to dance. BYU would go to the Big 12 in a heart beat if asked. (Waiting for the replies to this comment. )
    The BIG12 is afraid to ask this girl to dance because of all the baggage she carries.

I really hope that somehow BYU can get into the BIG12, would be awesome to have that type of quality of opponents coming into the area on a regular basis. I think it's a natural fit and BYU can compete with facilities, academics, NR sports ect. But I have to think that there is obviously something holding this back & that doesn't appear to be changing in the near future.

Of course BYU would jump at the chance to join a Power 5 Conference, that's a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The Utes could seemingly start 4-0....probably SHOULD start 4-0...

Exactly what I said several posts ago before all of the naysayers chimed in...I still think 4-0 is a feasible scenario.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Exactly what I said several posts ago before all of the naysayers chimed in...I still think 4-0 is a feasible scenario.
    "Naysayers"? I have yet to hear many, if any, people saying that Utah isn't a good bet to go 4-0...... Saying it is feasible is treading lightly. After seeing Michigan and WSU, I assumed the UTES would be a touchdown favorite on both....

Well, unless you count Vegas, who has Utah as a 6 point dog as the lines opened up today....

That number surprised me and since Vegas is usually pretty good with this stuff, has me wondering what they are seeing that I am not. Then again, they had Texas as a 5 point favorite(or something like that) when the line opened with BYU and that number went to BYU -1.5 by kickoff.... Some of that was due to Texas injury and suspensions....

Vegas puts Utah as approximately a 5 point underdog playing in Ann Arbor this weekend.

I see Utah coming out of this on top:

Utah 23
    Michigan 17

You do realize Utah has only won two rode games in the past two years don't ya?

But with that said this sure would be a great time to turn this program around and get back to a descent bowl game.

Tap'n on my smart phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    "Naysayers"?

Quote Originally Posted by iceaxe
    you do realize...blah, blah, blah...

See what I mean? Anytime I have anything positive to say about the Utes ice chimes in with his little attitude.

See those red marks around the neck of the Utes? Those are choke marks from all the games Utah should have won over the last two years.

Tap'n on my smart phone.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Vegas puts Utah as approximately a 5 point underdog playing in Ann Arbor this weekend.

I see Utah coming out of this on top:

Utah 23
    Michigan 17
    Agree, Utah wins this game outright....

Today's Vegas line has changed and Utah is now 3.5 point dog. This means the betters believe Vegas got it wrong and are taking Utah and the points.

Utah better do everything they can to keep Wilson healthy, because Thompson is a big step down. How the QB position was ever a close contest is beyond me.

FYI- Utah covered the spread and BYU did not.

Also had a good laugh watching sports center when they did the BYU highlights and the anchor commented "And BYU is only the second best team in the state".

Tap'n on my smart phone.

Nice win. Utah is going to have their hands full against Washington State. I hope the defense can do well. The Oregon vs. Washington State game was a slugfest against two high powered offenses. I hope Utah's defense can slow both teams down.

WaZoo is not the push over of years past. Mike Leach is getting that program on track. Glad to get the at RES.

Tap'n on my smart phone.

Utah 38
    Washington State 34

Anyone know the Vegas spread yet?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Utah is a 10 point favorite.

WSU looked outstanding against Oregon. That game was tied with 4 minutes left it the game. The winner was going to be the team that had the ball last. I'm surprised Utah is a 10 point favorite. I was expecting 3 points.

Tap'n on my smart phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    WaZoo is not the push over of years past. Mike Leach is getting that program on track. Glad to get the at RES.

Tap'n on my smart phone.
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri]Washington State played lights out on Saturday, but don

USA Football 'Fundamental Play of the Week' for Sept. 15-21

http://pac-12.com/videos/usa-footbal...ustinKarpPosts