Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Utah's Draconian Same-Sex Marriage Laws Deemed Unconstitutional

A federal judge took a step toward giving gay people the same rights that all consenting adults enjoy....and people are upset about this?

If anything we should be celebrating. This is a victory not only for gay people but for all who believe in basic civil rights.

2. Likes tanya, DOSS liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Personally, I don't think the freaks and fairies that run the media will be satisfied until the human race evolves into this....unicolor hermaphrodites.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Blog Entries

Utah's Draconian Same-Sex Marriage Laws Deemed Unconstitutional

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Personally, I don't think the freaks and fairies that run the media won't be satisfied until the human race evolves into this....unicolor hermaphrodites.
    Haha, This reminds me of the TV Show, Community. On it, the school mascot of Greendale Community College is the "human being" represented by a faceless, sexless, colorless, raceless being, because in the show they wanted to make everyone welcome and this was the best idea to include everybody. Ha ha

-Brett
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

6. Likes Byron liked this post
    HAR! That's hilarious! I've never seen that before. I actually considered the unisex grey person a few years ago when all this race, sexual and gender nonsense really took off.

It occurred to me because I'll be in a Starbucks standing in line with a black person in front or behind me sometimes. I've never done it, but sometimes I'd like to say "Hi, we don't know each other, but apparently we're supposed to have issues with each other because our skin color is different".

Know what I mean? I go to the grocery store and there's gay guys prancing around, blacks, butch dykes, Asians, Mexicans, etc...and I'm cruising the aisles just like everybody else. I don't see the differences of our sex or race...and I really don't think most of them do, either. I'd bet that most of America doesn't buy this crap any more than I do.

But the MEDIA blows a tiny issue out of proportion...and just who are they? Take a wild guess. I'll tell ya what I think is coming, eventually. They're going to declare that sex, even consentual, is violence against women. I know this is supposed to be all about the gay thing, but it all just blends together, doesn't it?
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Bogley BigShot
    Why does anyone care what sex others have relations with. I have always thought that is nuts. If they are consenting adults and want to have sex - so what.

Here's something I wrote to someone else who was upset that some Christians said that homosexuality was a sin . It's kind of on topic. It wasn't meant to be offensive.

The dictionary defines a sin as an offense against religious or moral law. So if anything was contrary to a religious teaching, regardless of which religion it is, it would be considered a sin. Several religions consider, for example, the act of being a Mormon to be a sin (I’m using that specific example only because I am a Mormon). To a Mormon however, drinking coffee is technically a sin.

So calling being a Mormon or drinking coffee a sin is technically accurate as per dictionary definition.

The important thing is to not judge people too harshly for their faults and differences, though many of us (including myself) are guilty of this ourselves at times.

"THEY ARE BORN THAT WAY, IT'S COMPLETELY NATURAL”.

Belonging to the LDS Church, I know only their position. Their position is that it IS NOT a sin to be homosexual. However, any sexual activity outside a marriage is considered to be sinful, whether it be heterosexual or homosexual.

You are correct that those feelings are completely natural. Like most religions though, the whole point of the religion is to overcome your natural desires and temptations for some type of reward after death. Almost all religions hold this same goal, though they all disagree on the means of getting there.

So, I can't speak for all religions, but as per my own religion’s viewpoint, sex outside marriage (including homosexual) is a sin even though being heterosexual or homosexual is not and even though those feelings are natural. On the other hand, no one should be disrespected or treated with violence for anything other than situations such as self-defense.

Also, it is hypocritical that many heterosexuals that claim to be moral only single out only homosexual sex instead of all other sex they consider to be sins as well. I’ve never seen a protest on pre-marital sex for example.

I hope you find the above useful, rather than offensive. It is only meant to express a viewpoint rather than to try and offend anyone.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by tanya View Post
    Why does anyone care what sex others have relations with. I have always thought that is nuts. If they are consenting adults and want to have sex - so what.

Agreed, however the real meat of the issue is the rights that married hetero folks enjoy that are withheld from gays.

I know it's been said before, and I know it's trite as hell but.....

....Equal Rights DO NOT Mean Special Rights.

....And by the way, contrary to the doctrines of mainstream Christianity, sexual preference is an inherent trait that you are born with. Being Gay is NOT a choice. Think about it...why would anyone choose to ignore their hetero preferences to live a life of discrimination, victims of hate and bigotry? Coming out to their families, friends, and co-workers because it's.......popular?! Give me a break.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

11. Likes tanya, DOSS liked this post
    The genie is now officially out of the bottle.

Hundreds of same-sex couples wed; some Utah counties refuse to issue licenses

By McKenzie Romero
    Updated - December 23rd, 2013 @ 11:26pm
    [COLOR=#000000][LEFT]

SALT LAKE CITY

Whether you believe it's right or wrong, this has caused a lot of emotional response on both sides of the issue. Our representatives are supposed to represent, and they should process these types of things in the proper manner.

Not in some blast overruling judgement that sends people into a craze of excitement, escalating tensions on both sides. There is a proper way to roll out this policy that can invite understanding of how the law works.

A great deal of Utahns are wondering if this will be repealed, if this is only temporary.

If you think the overruling was the correct decision, it was still irresponsible to make that call without preparing the public, whether it's right or wrong. I believe this is part of the duty of our government, to roll out rulings in a responsible matter, not one that will divide the people. If you want to call the opponents of this ruling haters or bigots, do you think this helped? Do you think this forceful move will gently persuade the so called bigots to be more accepting?

No.

There's a proper way to do things, and this was not it.

Actually the job of the judge is to rule if it is constitutional or not. We do NOT live in a democracy where mob rule is in effect. Judges determine if laws enacted are constitutional or not. Your representatives do represent you but we have a constitution that is in place to stop the people from infringing upon the rights of others. Please take a moment to learn about how our government actually works... Take a civics class, read think. Don't just regurgitate what your bishop tells you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is some reading to help you on your way of self education http://scholarship.law.berkeley.edu/...ornialawreview
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

I don't think the Judge was out of line on "not preparing the public". Quite the contrary, I believe the State was in gross negligence. Had they formuated any sort of a Plan "B" in this suit they may have prevailed upon the judge to let them ease into it according to said plan. I believe it was arrogance on their part to think the judge would rule as happened. The majority of the public didn't even know the suit was at the stage it was, let alone a potential ruling as was handed down. It was the State's responsibility all the way... and they let it devolve to where it did.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...al/?tid=HP_top

A federal judge ruled Tuesday that Oklahoma's ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional, the latest in a string of recent court decisions that have challenged such state prohibitions.

The decision by U.S. District Judge Terence Kern is stayed pending appeal, meaning marriages will not take place immediately in Oklahoma. On Jan. 6 the Supreme Court halted same-sex marriages in Utah, which had taken place over the course of 17 days after a federal judge there had ruled it was unconstitutional to bar gay and lesbian couples from marrying. Last month, the New Mexico Supreme Court decided unanimously to overturn its state's ban on same-sex unions.

17. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...al/?tid=HP_top

A federal judge ruled Tuesday that Oklahoma's ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional, the latest in a string of recent court decisions that have challenged such state prohibitions.

The decision by U.S. District Judge Terence Kern is stayed pending appeal, meaning marriages will not take place immediately in Oklahoma. On Jan. 6 the Supreme Court halted same-sex marriages in Utah, which had taken place over the course of 17 days after a federal judge there had ruled it was unconstitutional to bar gay and lesbian couples from marrying. Last month, the New Mexico Supreme Court decided unanimously to overturn its state's ban on same-sex unions.
    wave of the future, better just get used to it

I don't care which side you are on, but this is funny.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elec...er-typo-n39521

Same-Sex Marriage Foe Makes Texas-Sized Twitter Typo

A GOP candidate running for lieutenant governor in Texas probably wishes he’d checked one of his tweets for typos.

State Sen. Dan Patrick, a conservative Republican locked in a primary race with incumbent Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, was quick on the Twitter trigger after a federal judge in Texas declared the state's ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional.

Here’s the first tweet, as captured by Texas Tribune reporter Reeve Hamilton:

Name:  g.JPG
Views: 181
Size:  31.4 KB

Patrick, who opposes same-sex marriage, quickly deleted the typo, replacing the tweet with this one :

Name:  g2.JPG
Views: 220
Size:  31.6 KB

And he followed up with this:

Name:  g3.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  28.2 KB

The federal judge has put a hold on the ruling while the case is appealed.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.