Thread: No Kidding Canyon Video

No Kidding Canyon Video

No Kidding canyon was delight! @pikan and I meet up with @penmartens, @Mountaineer for some canyoneering fun in this unique canyon. I had won a SandTrap from the Irish Jihad drawing, and was anxious to learn out to use it. Penny was happy to help and organized this trip! It was so fun to meet everyone in person. Mark and Penny were some of the best company anyone could ask for. Thanks guys!

Enjoy the video :)

CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

4. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Nice man, looks like you all had a blast! Thanks for posting.

6. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Great job, Blake. Gives a nice overview of the canyon.

8. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Thanks guys! :) It was a wonderful canyon! hoping that I can meet up with the rest of you all and do a canyon someday soon! :)
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

10. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Sweet nice video

12. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Blake, another very nice video!

You standing on Luke's shoulders had me rolling man!
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

14. Likes Kuya liked this post

I loved the demonstration of rappelling with low impact, pulling a sand trap anchor and best of all muddy boots on shoulders pothole escape.

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I loved the demonstration of rappelling with low impact, pulling a sand trap anchor and best of all muddy boots on shoulders pothole escape.

Thanks! It was a great learning experience for me to do this canyon. So many good skills were taught and demonstrated. There really is SO MUCH to learn by going with PRO canyoneers like Penny and Mark
    My YouTube Channel

Interesting to see the anchor retrieval. I haven't seen that before.....in person or on video. Thanks

Great video, that canyon looks like tons of fun, its on my short list of ones I want to do. I was wondering why you used both a sandtrap and potshot anchors? Was there a specific reason for the PS over the trap at that drop, or was it just to learn both techniques?

@TommyBoy, Good question. If I may, my buddy Luke wrote up the TR here on Bogley for that trip. The TR can be found HERE. The long answer to your question can be found there. THe short answer to your question is: There was water in the canyon that we didn't expect, and our SandTraps were rendered useless. Sooooooo.... we had to use PotShots and carefully bring the sand with us through the middle of the canyon. We had to use the PotShots for most of the drops, and we also had to take great care to not loose the sand in the PotShots. If the sand would have been lost, we would not have had any (easy) way to anchor the drops while in the heart of the canyon.
    My YouTube Channel

21. Likes ratagonia liked this post