#5 Soundgarden
    #6 Pink Floyd
    #7 Megadeth
    #8 Black Label Society
    #9 Ratt
    #10 ZZ Top

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hmmm...you seem to be quite rock heavy there, Acca...so I guess I'll stick with that, although other genres may pop up.

#1 The Moody Blues...particularly their first 7 albums
    #2 Queen...Hearing "Bohemian Rhapsody" back in 1975 for the first time changed my life.
    #3 The Smashing Pumpkins...especially the album "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness"
    #4 Death...some of the most technical playing imaginable. If you like Megadeths "Rust In Peace" you must listen to "Symbolic".
    #5 Bjork/Kate Bush...a tie here.
    #6 Judas Priest...I burned out back in the day on the singles from "British Steel", but when you listen to their albums, my god they were awesome.
    #7 Genesis...everything they put out from '71-'78, in particular.
    #8 David Bowie
    #9Frank Zappa...that guy was incredible.
    #10Pretty much a tie between these...King Crimson, Gary Numan, Depeche Mode, Steve Hackett, Radiohead, Cheap Trick, Rush, UFO, Weezer and believe it or not The Carpenters.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

4. Likes hank moon liked this post
    Motley Crue
    Halestorm
    Ratt
    Poison
    Guns N' Roses
    The Runaways/Joan Jett/Lita Ford
    Loverboy
    Jethro Tull
    The Offspring
    Sammy Hagar

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Loverboy???

"You won't be lonely when it's ooooooover".,,

The Heavy
    The Beatles
    Hendrix
    Ministry
    Nirvana
    Arctic Monkeys
    Black Sabbath
    BB King
    Modest Mouse
    Radical Face

These are not necessarily in order :)

PS did you guys stop listening to new music in the 80's :P
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

8. Likes Absolute Gravity liked this post
    Janis Joplin
    Marvin Gaye
    Modest Mouse
    Bob Marley
    Ice Cube
    Beastie Boys
    Public Enemy
    Wu-Tang Clan
    Tool
    Metallica, the long haired version.

This is not in any order of preference.

Yes
    Muse
    Queen
    Nine Inch Nails
    Gene Loves Jezebel
    George Thorogood
    Van Halen
    Blue Oyster Cult
    ZZ Top
    Tool

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    #1 AC/DC
    You listed this as a technicality right?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    #1 AC/DC
    #2 Van Halen
    #6 Pink Floyd
    Curious, Bon Scott or Brian Johnson? David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar? Pre or post Roger Waters?

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute Gravity View Post
    You listed this as a technicality right?

Curious, Bon Scott or Brian Johnson? David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar? Pre or post Roger Waters?
    AC/DC is my fav by a landslide. I like both singers, no clear favorite. Maybe I'll have to go back and list my fav albums. Hmmmm.

DLR has my vote in Van Halen. They got a little too commercial with Sammy, although they still have some kick ass stuff. I like Floyd before and after. Big fan of David Gilmore, his guitar work and singing too. Enough of the core around post Waters to keep them headed in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Loverboy???
    We all have a skeleton in our closet.... I just have the balls to let you see mine.

David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar?
    Van Halen wasn't Van Halen after David Lee Roth left.... the worst part is I'm a Sammy Hagar fan, except for the years he was with Van halen.... those were the dark years.

A band can replace anyone, except their front man.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Van Halen wasn't Van Halen after David Lee Roth left.... the worst part is I'm a Sammy Hagar fan, except for the years he was with Van halen.... those were the dark years.

A band can replace anyone, except their front man.
    'Cept for AC/DC, I think. Brian Johnson was a great replacement for Bon Scott.

5150 and OU812, along with Dr. Feelgood, Pyromania and Appetite for Destruction were the first CD's I ever owned, given to me for Christmas with my first CD player when I was 12. Not a Van Halen fan at all, but I'd have to take Hagar just because of the memories. Appetite for Destruction is a classic though.

first CD's I ever owned, given to me for Christmas with my first CD player when I was 12.
    CD's.....

I actually used to buy records, My first record was Jethro Tull's Aqualung.... my first car was a 74 Camaro Z-28 (bought in 76 when I turned 16) and came with a factory 8-track, which was hot stuff at the time. In 1979 I swapped that out and installed one of them new fangled cassette players.

My first cassette was Foreigner's "Dirty White Boy".... I played the hell out of that cassette, particularly 'Rev on the Redline", which is the ultimate gearhead song.

Loverboy would break into my top 20. Turn Me Loose was popular when I was learning to ski and I heard it most trips up the canyon. It always makes me want to ski.

I was a big Def Leppard fan in high school, lotta stuff from Hysteria back. However, I kinda got burned out on them, plus they really sold out. Guns N' Roses is really close to my top 10. Leppard might be top 15.

I agree on Van Hagar. He was the singer while I was in high school and I loved several of the albums. However, he can't touch the Roth stuff IMO. Brian Johnson certainly filled the shoes as good as any replacement and the sales show it.

Here is my fav album from my top 10:

#1 AC/DC - Back in Black

#2 Van Halen - Fair Warning

#3 Alice in Chains - Dirt

#4 Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Ozz

#5 Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger

#6 Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon

#7 Megadeth - Rust In Peace

#8 Black Label Society - Stronger Than Death

#9 Ratt - Out of the Cellar

#10 ZZ Top - Eliminator

Easy.

1. Daft Punk
    2. Fat Boy Slim
    3. The Chemical Brothers
    4. Booka Shade
    5. Reel Big Fish
    6. Crystal Method
    7. Less Than Jake
    8. Dave Mathews
    9. Talking Heads
    10. Orb
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Okay...limiting to rock and pop BANDS...that is, at least a trio that can/could perform all its music live (without supporting musicians).

1) Crowded House
    2) Rush
    3) Foo Fighters
    4) Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
    5) The Police
    6) Collective Soul
    7) R.E.M.
    8) The Subdudes
    9) Dave Matthews Band
    10) Led Zeppelin
    ---------------
    Still like these bands a lot:
    Queen
    U2
    The Who
    Dire Straits
    The Clash
    Electric LIght Orchestra

Infrared. That's my favourite band; very useful for looking at the moon with my IR telescope. Particularly during the Christmas period (Geminid meteor showers, etc).

Rubber bands (they're great for holding together lots of unposted Christmas cards intended for people I don't like. Before I throw them in the bin).

Elastic bands (used as above).

Gastric bands (used during the Christmas period to stop me gaining so much weight).

Knicker bands (a Christmas present to my old Maiden Aunt Maude, whom I can't stand).

Knicker bands (used to strangle above Maiden Aunt Maude when she starts to warble old songs in a sherry-riddled voice).

Police Oompah Bands (the imitation Christmas Carol music that the Police use to disguise the fact that they're coming to arrest you for poor old Aunt Maude's strangulation).

I can only do seven, so my apologies....the police are just at the door, wondering why their Christmas cards haven't arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by DOSS View Post

PS did you guys stop listening to new music in the 80's :P
    Actually, all the best music (so far) was created prior to 1997. After that, most of it turned to crap. Facsimiles and knockoffs of bands and riffs that came before.

In the last few years though, there are signs of innovation...such as Florence and the Machine and St. Vincent. The female fronted bands these days seem to be a lot more inventive, and a pleasure to listen to.

AC/DC
    ZZ Top
    Megadeth
    Pantera
    Tesla
    Ozzy
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Van Halen (both singers)
    Judas Priest
    lamb of god

and most of the rest

Ratt, Rob Zombie, Slaughter, Alice in Chains, Led Zeppelin, Kiss, Guns N Roses, Disturbed, In Flames, Shadows Fall, Iron Maiden