Thread: New Here, But Not To The Great Outdoors!

New Here, But Not To The Great Outdoors!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Andrew. My wife and I live on Lakewood, Colorado. We are both adrenaline junkies and up for just about anything. I grew up whitewater rafting, fishing, hiking etc. My wife grew up rock climbing, skydiving, and hiking. Together we have picked up canyoneering, mountaineering, offroading, spelunking, and rallying.

a couple years ago we started doing the 14ers and have conquered a few of them. One of them in the dead of winter. We are just now getting back into the climbing side of things and reacquiring our gear. We got out helmets to go explore a cave next weekend and harnesses are to come shortly. We are up for just about anything, anywhere. We have a hard time finding people to go with us who share the same enthusiasm we do.

I went to school to be an EMT and obtained my Wilderness endorsement as well. I do not practice as an EMT since it does not pay well enough to support our lifestyle, but I enjoy the medicine and still have the knowledge. We have a pitbull and a german shepherd that go everywhere with us. They have been on all the 14ers with us, they have their own packs and carry all their own gear. They are very happy go lucky and love the snow. We run a photography business on the side and have been trying to get into the extreme sports photography but contracts are few and far between.

We hope to be able to meet up with someone in the future!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Awesome! Welcome @Medic5150

Little Van Halen in the username?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Awesome! Welcome @Medic5150

Not so much. More of a reference to my EMT schooling and the general consensus we get from people of being crazy. 5150 is the police code for psychotic person.

5. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Ah, gotcha. I remember that now. I'm a big Van Halen fan.

Welcome again to Bogley.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post

That's what I thought when I first glanced at the name. Welcome to the forum. You'd be great to have along on canyoneering trips, especially if self amputation is required somewhere on the trail. hehehe...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    That's what I thought when I first glanced at the name. Welcome to the forum. You'd be great to have along on canyoneering trips, especially if self amputation is required somewhere on the trail. hehehe...
    I at least carry sharp blades and a couple scalpels....I think I could pull off a nice clean amputation! lol