Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aron Ralston Arrested In Denver

Aron Ralston Arrested In Denver

DENVER (AP)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I never thought much of Ralston to begin with. What kind of douche' goes out completely unprepared and solo like he did? Then, he gets fame/fortune for being a bone-head. Sheesh!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

4. Likes Wasatch liked this post
    Whoa, slow down bruteforce. Innocent until proven guilty and all, right? You were just waiting to pounce on an anti- aron ralston thread there, weren't ya? :-) jk, it's true he clearly lacked good judgement with the outdoors in his earlier years, that's obvious enough. But, heck, so did I. Probably not as much as he, but... Sometimes family members in the spotlight will make stuff up to hurt loved ones, like Christian Bale's mom back in the day. That being said, it doesn't look good for Aron.

My reply was solely NOT about his current arrest as there's just not enough detail yet. Clearly, I'm no Ralston fan. Fame from being unprepared! Yikes!

How many copy-cats has this guy helped incite inadvertently through his book/movie?

Did they have to dis-arm him?

Thankyouverymuch!

8. Likes SRG, ilipichicuma, ratagonia liked this post
    While Aron was putting up his Christmas tree his girlfriend asked if he needed a hand. That's when things got ugly...
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

And yet another story that will get more traction than nelson Mandela
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Quote Originally Posted by DOSS View Post
    And yet another story that will get more traction than nelson Mandela
    Perhaps in Utah, but not in the rest of the world.

The rest of the world is already fed up with Mandela-mania (at least this small corner is...) bloody terrorists getting front-page news again.

12. Likes DOSS liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by zkeys View Post

Thankyouverymuch!
    Too new for me to "like" your post, but I really liked it! *thumbs up* new guy!
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Too new for me to "like" your post, but I really liked it! *thumbs up* new guy!
    Hehe, thanks man!!

I really enjoyed his book. He was a d bag when he was a youngster. Who wasn't?
    I really like to go alone also. Other that telling someone where he was going and when he would be back, what do you think he should have done to prepare?
    Scalpel?
    Bone saw?
    Sutures?
    Tourniquet?

What's in your Wallet. (Pack)

Too bad he has been caught up in this.
    I think he has done some good in his life.

Anybody see the Tosh.O episode he was on? Pretty hilarious!

At least he can make light of his mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRewster View Post
    I really enjoyed his book. He was a d bag when he was a youngster. Who wasn't?
    I really like to go alone also. Other that telling someone where he was going and when he would be back, what do you think he should have done to prepare?
    Scalpel?
    Bone saw?
    Sutures?
    Tourniquet?

What's in your Wallet. (Pack)

Too bad he has been caught up in this.
    I think he has done some good in his life.
    I too do quite a bit of solo adventuring, but I have a documented route that's been shared. I have a backpack full of gear (including a machete and super sharp knife), a compass, a GPSr, my SPOT (clearly doesn't work/well in slot canyons), a cell phone, 2 way radio, etc. I probably go over-prepared based on comments from my friends.

BUT, the wife, family and friends know where I'm going to be. If I decide to veer off course, I check in via SPOT or phone call (if possible).

/RANT

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    While Aron was putting up his Christmas tree his girlfriend asked if he needed a hand. That's when things got ugly...
    Dang that's funny! I'm in class, guys; stop making me laugh!

Thankyouverymuch!
    Dang that's funny! I'm in class, guys; stop making me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    My reply was solely NOT about his current arrest as there's just not enough detail yet. Clearly, I'm no Ralston fan. Fame from being unprepared! Yikes!

How many copy-cats has this guy helped incite inadvertently through his book/movie?
    It's true about the copy-cats, but you can't blame all SAR situations because you dislike one's guys poor choices. Nor can you blame him for becoming famous because he was unprepared.

But you're entitled to your opinion. If you don't like him, you don't like him. It just came across a little strong.

So the latest is that he was released a little while ago with all charges dropped. Both he AND his girlfriend/wife? were arrested because they got into a beef in front of their little girl. The girlfriend/wife? is still in jail, as she apparently smacked Aaron around.

Kinda hard to fight back when you're blocking with only one arm, eh?
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Aron Ralston Arrested In Denver

Thankyouverymuch!
    BA DUM, tssssssss!

23. Likes zkeys liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    I too do quite a bit of solo adventuring, but I have a documented route that's been shared. I have a backpack full of gear (including a machete and super sharp knife), a compass, a GPSr, my SPOT (clearly doesn't work/well in slot canyons), a cell phone, 2 way radio, etc. I probably go over-prepared based on comments from my friends.

BUT, the wife, family and friends know where I'm going to be. If I decide to veer off course, I check in via SPOT or phone call (if possible).

/RANT
    I don't own a SPOT, but that doesn't make me careless. A GPS, phone, radio...none of that stuff would have helped him. I cannot think of a reason to carry a machete in Utah, but hey...to each his own. I once rescued/helped a scout leader who had run out of water on a day hike. I carried his pack down the mountain for him. That pack weighed more than my pack did for 4 nights in the bugaboos. The point being...you can be over prepared. In this case it caused his slower pace and to run out of water on a very hot day. Had he been alone and or in a more remote place...well who knows? Bluejohn is not a hard canyon. In fact I took my daughter down it on her first ever canyon trip. Not quite like climbing a mountain in your local city park, but easy to under-prepare when it is easy and straightforward.

25. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Something about this story but I can't put my finger on it....

Ralston will no doubt be looking for a hand out...

27. Likes Deathcricket liked this post