Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Sochi Winter Olympicsi

2014 Sochi Winter Olympicsi

Have any of you guys heard the stories on what this is costing the Russians to put on?

Holy crap, the combination of a Dictator wanting a world stage, along with the armpit of corruption adds up to an Olympics that is going to cost the Russian people more $$ than every single Winter Olympics ever done COMBINED.

That's right, if you combine the cost of every winter olympcs ever held its cheaper than this one coming up.

and I'm not sure if they will get it finished in time. Still tons of work left to do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

USA! USA! Douchebags all the way!

Bad enough that we're going to look like a bunch of douchebags. But we're going to look like 1930's douches at this years opening ceremony. The outfits are atrocious...

Name:  la-sp-sn-ralph-lauren-unveils-opening-ceremony-001.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  81.8 KB

http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/201...-ralph-lauren/

Ugly sweater contest.

I gave up on the Olympics a long time ago. I remember Norwegian snowboarder Terje Haakonsen giving a lengthy interview about how the IOC was like the mafia (he boycotted and raised some awareness of the anti-Olympic sentiment) and also when pro basketball players turned that part of the Olympics into a circus. Then there was that time when the olympics came to good old SLC.. no corruption there at all, right?

It looks like the pants, socks and boots are a hand-me-downs from the last olympic team.

Quote Originally Posted by deagol View Post
    Then there was that time when the olympics came to good old SLC.. no corruption there at all, right?
    The Olympics has it's faults, just like everything else.... but I have to say, the Salt Lake Olympics was one of the best two weeks of my life. I spent over $2000.00 on tickets and went a large number of big events and had a total blast. It was a two week party and a lot of fun if you got involved, I really hope the Olympics come back to SLC before I'm too old to enjoy them.

8. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    I looking forward to watching the Olympics every time. My wife and watch them together.

I've been seeing a lot of reports in the news feed about how unprepared they are in Sochi. Many of these photos have been taken in the last week.

An official Olympic hub isn't even finishedConstruction work continues apace outside the Gorki Plaza East hotel in Krasnaya Polyana, Russia, on Feb. 2, 2014. (AP)

As of Sunday, Gorki Plaza

11. Likes DiscGo liked this post

Most of the world does this (throws TP in the waste basket instead of flushing it), but people are acting (not on this thread, but in the media) that it's somehow shocking. This has nothing to do with the Olympics or lack of preparedness thereof.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

13. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post

Most of the world does this (throws TP in the waste basket instead of flushing it), but people are acting (not on this thread, but in the media) that it's somehow shocking. This has nothing to do with the Olympics or lack of preparedness thereof.

Yup, its true. Get anywhere south of the Rio Grande and flushing toilet paper is unheard of.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I can't wait for the games to begin!

I love the winter games.

Was anyone on here a volunteer for the 2002 games? I spent 9 amazing days sitting in my snow lounge about halfway down the Grizzly Downhill (men's course) at Snowbasin watching them fly by. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Yup, its true. Get anywhere south of the Rio Grande and flushing toilet paper is unheard of.
    That's because most places south of the Rio Grande don't have flush toilets... I'm so happy I don't live in a mud hut in some third world shit hole.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

18. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Russia leads ice skating. Shocker!!!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Russia leads ice skating. Shocker!!!

I believe the Russians have a definite "home court" advantage. The Americans have to deal with their sleep cycle being turned upside down. I'm sure it throws their circadian rhythms out of whack, which affects their physical performance.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Allison Baver. USA. Speed Skate short track.

Alexander Saitova, Curling

Svetlana Kolmykova hockey

Anna Prugova, hockey

Ekaterina Bobrova, figure skating

Tatiana Borodulina, short track

Catherine carpenter, freestyle

Hillary Knight. USA. Age 24. Hockey.

I needed a place to put this. Who remembers this gem from Vancouver 4 years ago?

Silje Norendal. Norway. Age 20. Snowboard.

Allyson Dudek. USA. Age 23. Speed Skating

Sarah Hendrickson. USA. Age 19. Ski Jump