Thread: Dad Punches Boy After He Ran Into His Kid On The Slopes

Dad Punches Boy After He Ran Into His Kid On The Slopes

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-12-05 at 12.16.50 PM.png
Views: 893
Size:  342.2 KB

Seemed like an accident? Thoughts? I would be pissed too, but I would never strike another kid.

WATCH THE VIDEO

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

If I were a parent, I admit that I might go after someone crashing into my kid, but don't think I'd actually hit them. Especially with a camera mounted on their head.

Looks like everyone's recovered from it, so back to the slopes.

Honestly, after watching it on KSL, the snowboarder needs his butt kicked and then needs a lesson in slope etiquette. First of all, he was going twice as fast as everyone else down what appears to be an easy run. First strike. Second, he wasn't "cut off" by a kid -- the kid was skiing in a normal pattern -- he was cut off because he wasn't paying attention and was going too fast, not because of anything outside of his control. Third, he appears to have hit that kid pretty hard. Fourth, he doesn't seem to have any remorse or understanding that he is the one who initially screwed up here - "I feel kinda bad about the kid, I guess, but ..." No but's -- as the uphill rider, you are responsible not to hit people in front of you, end of story. Fifth, he needs to stop whining about being called out about his behavior -- "I got a slight headache" and the guy was mean to me. How does he think the little kid felt; the kid was hit a lot harder than the snowboarder was with a little tap to the helmet.

As a parent, I wouldn't have hit him (probably), but I would have let him have it verbally. But the dad was angry, which is somewhat excusable; the snowboarder was negligent or reckless and doesn't seem to understand that he was at fault, too -- he gets less sympathy in my book.

Here's the original uncut clip, language warning.

Point of interest starts at about 4:10

After comparing the KSL clip to this, the snowboarder gets up and starts riding again after about 25 seconds. At first I was a little sympathetic to the snowboarder but I would have stuck around, unclipped my bindings and walked over to the boy to make sure he was ok.

Uploaded by his mom

I first thought he was in the right. But looking at what area he was riding. He should have stopped. It will just fuel the flames between boarders and skiers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Regardless of who was at fault in the accident, "two wrongs do not make a right." The Dad could have been put in jail.

The normal reaction for a kid after he was hit and verbally assaulted by an adult is to get the hell out there.

Hey is this the same run that the Ski Patrol harassed the snowboarders last year/

Yep.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

As an every day skier, I see these situations all the time. You, as the uphill skier/rider are responsible to avoid anyone downhill of you. I don't like how the dad reacted, but I can understand it. My daughter grew up on our hill and that was always my worry, some "meat" would run into her. That snowboarder was totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by powderglut View Post
    As an every day skier, I see these situations all the time. You, as the uphill skier/rider are responsible to avoid anyone downhill of you. I don't like how the dad reacted, but I can understand it. My daughter grew up on our hill and that was always my worry, some "meat" would run into her. That snowboarder was totally wrong.
    Yep. The responsible thing to do when you approach a crowd in front of you is to slow down to the point you can stop or avoid anyone. I mean, somehow I've managed to ski 400+ days in the last 15 years and have never had a collision with anyone -- it isn't rocket science. Plus, the girl who "cut him off" was just following her normal arc -- easy to see she was going to be where she was. The fact that he just jumped up and kept going doesn't help my opinion of the snowboarder (or make me think he was that "hurt" or "scared," either).

Wow, our young men are turning into chicks...

Sometimes you deserve to get smacked by a stranger. (It looked like a smack with a open hand, not a closed fist, big difference)

If my son ever shows up on the news talking like a unaccountable scared little girl, I'll smack him a second time.

The correct words are: "I'm really sorry for crushing that kid, I deserved to get my ass kicked, I hope that little dude is OK."
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

13. Likes Tystevens liked this post
    i'd have probably smacked him, and his loud mouthed friend.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

[QUOTE=Sombeech;548868]Hey is this the same run that the Ski Patrol harassed the snowboarders last year/

[quote]

Sort of. The incident last year took place a couple hundred yards down the trail.

That snowboarder loses all credibility by wearing a helmet cam on opening weekend....

What an idiot, to run some little kid over and then post YOUR OWN VIDEO on YouTube. My only guess is that he has brain damage and /or is looking for sympathy for his cause because he got smacked.

Yeah the dad was technically in the wrong by getting physical, but in no way does that minimize the kid's actions. A second wrong does not erase the first.

Kids these days....

Did anyone else notice the ski patroller with the toboggan about 3 seconds before the crash? A patroller witnessed the whole thing. That kid left the scene of the accident when he realized that patrol was going to stop and help the little guy.

If I were still on the patrol up there, I'd get this kid's info and suspend his pass for leaving the scene of an accident. He boogied to avoid any accountability for the accident. What a slimy little punk.

Yes, I also saw the patroller with the toboggan on the slope just before the collision. Unreal.
    Can't believe they are taking the side of the snowboarder.

No one here is mentioning that the snowboarder pushed down the kid on his left-the one he blamed for cutting him off (green jacket white pants) just before he hit the other kid (green jacket black pants). Guy was out of control and riding way too fast through the crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide View Post
    i'd have probably smacked him, and his loud mouthed friend.
    AGREE