Thread: New Patagonia Video

New Patagonia Video

I love Patagonia's gear and their company's ethics. This new video shows both. Check it out.
    I also like what they wrote in the description at the bottom. "Released as an antidote to the Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping frenzy, Worn Wear is an invitation to celebrate the stuff you already own."

http://wornwear.patagonia.com/?sssdmh=dm23.162756

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

New Patagonia Video

I got emotional watching it. As silly as that sounds, let me explain. Some of my best and earliest childhood memories, especially of my dad, involve the little silver colored Patagonia jacket I wore when I was about 3 or 4 years old. I chewed right through the corner of the collar so there was a little hole behind the zipper. My mom still has that jacket in a box, under the stairs at her house. God willing, my kids will wear it.

Those same memories have my dad clad in an old Patagonia heavyweight pile jacket that he wore threadbare the elbows of. It's what he would wear when he would help us build a snowman, or pull us into the woods in a toboggan in search of a Christmas tree. He also took it along on the 1000s of miles of backpacking trips we went on together. Through the the deserts of southern Utah, the week long fly fishing trips and end to end 120 mile trip through the Windrivers, the climbs in the Tetons, fast packs in the Uintahs, winter campouts and elk hunts in the Wasatch. It's done it all and I still have it and wear it.

I have and old pair of chouinard rock bottom pants that I also inherited from my dad that are older than me that I've used as my mid layer for skiing 500+ days in. It all means a lot more to me ever since my dad passed away a year and a half ago. All these things serve to me as a reminder of the type of guy my dad was and the exemplary life he lived. Who wouldn't want to wear their heroes jacket, right? Well, I get to.

Just about all the things I learned from my dad about the outdoors and nature were taught to me, in the field, while my dad was wearing a piece of Patagonia gear that I now have.

That's just the beginning of the stories I could tell of all the great old gear I've inherited from my father. It was truly a principle he lived, buy the best quality, and keep it and repair or repurpose it when it begins to fall apart.
    I've acquired a fair amount of Patagonia gear over the years and whether I bought it new, or got it from my dad, I wear it all proudly, not as a fashion statement, but more of a philosophical statement. I love Patagonia gear and everything the company stands for in the way of responsible consumption of resources and taking care of this beautiful world we live in.

Miss you Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootboy View Post
    I got emotional watching it. As silly as that sounds, let me explain. Some of my best and earliest childhood memories, especially of my dad, involve the little silver colored Patagonia jacket I wore when I was about 3 or 4 years old. I chewed right through the corner of the collar so there was a little hole behind the zipper. My mom still has that jacket in a box, under the stairs at her house. God willing, my kids will wear it.

Those same memories have my dad clad in an old Patagonia heavyweight pile jacket that he wore threadbare the elbows of. It's what he would wear when he would help us build a snowman, or pull us into the woods in a toboggan in search of a Christmas tree. He also took it along on the 1000s of miles of backpacking trips we went on together. Through the the deserts of southern Utah, the week long fly fishing trips and end to end 120 mile trip through the Windrivers, the climbs in the Tetons, fast packs in the Uintahs, winter campouts and elk hunts in the Wasatch. It's done it all and I still have it and wear it.

I have and old pair of chouinard rock bottom pants that I also inherited from my dad that are older than me that I've used as my mid layer for skiing 500+ days in. It all means a lot more to me ever since my dad passed away a year and a half ago. All these things serve to me as a reminder of the type of guy my dad was and the exemplary life he lived. Who wouldn't want to wear their heroes jacket, right? Well, I get to.

Just about all the things I learned from my dad about the outdoors and nature were taught to me, in the field, while my dad was wearing a piece of Patagonia gear that I now have.

That's just the beginning of the stories I could tell of all the great old gear I've inherited from my father. It was truly a principle he lived, buy the best quality, and keep it and repair or repurpose it when it begins to fall apart.
    I've acquired a fair amount of Patagonia gear over the years and whether I bought it new, or got it from my dad, I wear it all proudly, not as a fashion statement, but more of a philosophical statement. I love Patagonia gear and everything the company stands for in the way of responsible consumption of resources and taking care of this beautiful world we live in.

Miss you Dad.
    Wow, very powerful life experience thanks for sharing it.