Thread: Army Master Sergeant arrested for open carry

Army Master Sergeant arrested for open carry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Army Master Sergeant arrested for open carry

The cops are a couple of ass-hats but so is anyone who walks around with an AR slung over their shoulder knowing damn well that this sort of event is likely. People who open carry AR's want this kind of confrontation. Their aim is to provoke and put the police in an awkward situation so they can substantiate their own claims that we live in a police state. It's a war of ass-hats.

Yeah, you have the right to open carry but in my opinion, there is little if any utility in it that isn't also achieved with a concealed weapon, not to mention the fact that concealing doesn't exactly draw the attention of paranoid stoopits from a mile away.

Walk softly and carry a big stick. Don't brazenly walk down the side of the highway showing everyone that you think your a bad-ass.

4. Likes Bluff-Canyoneer liked this post
    Except the fact that you have to have a permission slip from the nanny state to conceal carry, even though we have the constitutional right to do so. Sorry but I refuse to give the government my fingerprints and first, second, and third people I had sex with as well as each position in order to get this permission slip. It's about the principle, not the practicality of carrying an AR.
    Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skint?

Now I've watched the video and that's complete and utter bullshit. The cops really are asshats. In addition, the lame ass pussies from the "blessedly enlightened Boston-New York -Washington Corridor" that called to report they felt scared ought to have their house egged, lawn poisoned, and cars keyed.
    Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skint?

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Dance View Post
    ought to have their house egged, lawn poisoned, and cars keyed.
    Panties in a bunch today? Want to commit criminal acts against people just because they see guy walking down the road with an AR and think he might be up to no good? It's not like he was at a shooting range, where no one would have given it a second thought. Context is everything.

Bootboy's comments are right on. This guy went looking for a confrontation, then seemed outraged when he didn't get the desired outcome.

I myself called the police one day. I could not, in good conscience, have done nothing. A few months after the VA Tech massacre, I was in my office at the university and saw two guys dressed in cammo walking towards my building with what appeared to be automatic weapons. I quickly dialed 911 and said "I don't want to sound alarmist, but there are two guys in cammo with guns heading this way." Turns out they were ROTC students doing a march and the guns were non-operational. I suggested they might want to notify the rest of us next time, so as not to cause alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluff-Canyoneer View Post

I was in my office at the university
    And this is the problem right here. You guys study so much and are so out of touch with the real world that you consider yourselves blessedly enlightened and able to essentially revoke our constitutional rights by calling the cops to badger and pester law-abiding citizens everytime you see a gun. Again, you're being a pussy. Stop being so scared. Man up. The real world is full of criminals. You live in it. Realize that if a VA Tech type criminal wanted to blow your brains out he'd walk right into your office and do it before you had a chance to call the cops. He's not going to parade in front of your window with a gun strapped to his back. Live with some risk and don't strengthen the police state just because you're a wimp.

To be fair, Bootboy was right that they are all asshats. This guy does have a history of "creating" this kind of situation to generate publicity for his blog. I read somewhere that the NRA won't touch this guy. Even if he called the police on himself, my point stands that there are many out there (including Bluff-Canyoneer) that would call the cops if they saw this.

And this is the problem right here. You guys study so much and are so out of touch with the real world that you consider yourselves blessedly enlightened and able to essentially revoke our constitutional rights by calling the cops to badger and pester law-abiding citizens everytime you see a gun. Again, you're being a pussy. Stop being so scared. Man up. The real world is full of criminals. You live in it. Realize that if a VA Tech type criminal wanted to blow your brains out he'd walk right into your office and do it before you had a chance to call the cops. He's not going to parade in front of your window with a gun strapped to his back. Live with some risk and don't strengthen the police state just because you're a wimp.
    Wow ... you really think this is a persuasive argument in favor of 2nd amendment rights and open carry? It is no wonder so many people think that 2nd amendment proponents are nutjobs just looking for a fight, which makes them even more concerned about having citizens carrying guns around. For the record, I'm pro-2nd amendment, but posts like this don't really help the argument much!

Yeah, you carry a rifle like that, you've got the right. But the Cops also have the right to stop and see what's up. His big mistake was kind of jumping when the officer grabbed his rifle, the officer got scared and panicked.

Nope, hence the forum I chose to express myself in. Not a lot of senators lurking around here. If so who cares? I'm not trying to influence policy here, only to point out the flaws in existing policy.

Beech, please don't capitalize the word "cops" again. They don't deserve it.

When he tried to jerk his AR away from the officer he's lucky he didn't get put on the ground. The police were called out to investigate a complaint and they guy acted like a tool. Of course, if the people who called in weren't such 'pussies', they would have just shot him in self defense.
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light

Get laid much? You come across as a pathetic little man.

Hmm...I'm not following the connection between my argument and getting laid.

And Bluff, if you feel like exercising your vastly superior mind and laying out a substantive argument, rather than resort to name calling, I'm happy to discuss. I realize that since you're most likely government I'll probably have to wait until Monday after your coffee to get a decent response. Weekends you'll only put in enough effort to name-call.

18. Likes Byron liked this post
    Personally, I think name calling is perfectly reasonable when it's backed up with some meat! Ya know? Make a paragraph out of it, for cryin' out loud.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    when the officer grabbed his rifle, the officer got scared and panicked.
    Exactly...and if you listen at around 8: 50, the officer is lying to his sergeant about what happened...he didn't "ask" for the rifle. The cop started the whole mess, if he would have asked to see if the weapon had a chambered round rather than grab the rifle, perhaps the guy...although kind of a jerk himself...would have been perfectly reasonable. That's it, two jerks got into a beef, and one is guaranteed to win.

My dad was a cop. LAPD Deputy Sheriff. Both my uncles were US Marshalls. They all told me the same thing one I started driving...NEVER mouth off to a cop. You wouldn't want to run into one that's a "short stick" as they used to say. Especially back in the days before all these cameras.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Another example of why cops are a necessary evil.

I think they should deserve it