Thread: Would you go South to ride this weekend?

Would you go South to ride this weekend?

Need the expert opinion of those who frequent So Utah mtn bike trails. The forecast for Goose is 50-70% chance of rain and a high around 45-50 degrees. I've been burned (or frozen) too many times by going down South to ride, then getting shut down by muddy roads and trails. My buddy is always the optimist, thinks its sunny and awesome every day in StGeorge/Hurricane. Any opinions to help settle this debate would be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

If you're set on riding down there, try to stick with more of the slickrock trails. I'd say Gooseberry Mesa, but if it's raining, that road is going to be an absolute mess. And I'm talking about the dirt road before you even turn out onto the mesa.

Church Rocks might be good, you'll have that little sand pit to walk through but there's a decent amount of slickrock.

I'll bet the Zen Trail would be ok to ride on too. Just depends on your timeframe. Turtle Wall is quick and has a fair amount of slickrock.

Guacamole might be good although I'm not sure what the current access status is on that, along with Little Creek

And yet I failed to answer your question, which is YES I would always choose to get the hell out of here and ride down south. Being in the rain down there is better than rain up here.

Its nearly powder down there and i'm not talking snow.I was down there last weekend.they need the rain in a bad way.if it does rain it would be a double edged sword.