Thread: Man arrested for picking his kids up too early from school

Man arrested for picking his kids up too early from school

A Tennessee father was arrested for disorderly conduct last week after objecting to an official school policy that apparently prohibited him from picking up his children on foot ahead of the majority of parents picking their children up in their cars.

The new student pick-up policy, which reportedly started last week, says that parents can only pick up their children after 2 p.m. by waiting in a line of cars until everyone is released at 2:35 p.m. In this particular case, the parent was walking, so it wouldn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The hell is wrong with these people? All effing cops are like this. Just doing my job? How about use a little common sense? Oh I forgot you're government. You're not allowed to.
    Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skint?

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Pretty unreal, but sadly - as pro-police as I've been, this is the way things are going. As we continue to allow the government to run our lives, we continue to give up these basic liberties and freedoms. I've seen it myself..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Dance View Post
    All effing cops are like this. Just doing my job? How about use a little common sense? Oh I forgot you're government. You're not allowed to.
    Not true at all. My wife retired a few years back after 25 years with the Flagstaff PD. She frequently talks about how officer discretion is one of the most important tools a cop has.

This cop would have seriously pissed of the senior brass in most towns and found himself reprimanded or out of a job if a repeat performance.

Edit:
    I did not mean to imply that no cops are out of line, just that "All effing cops are like this" is not a true statement. Many cops use common sense every day.

It may not be true, but man the power hungry give the normal cops a bad name. That's why many, many people will agree with me that cops in general will twist things and use any of the myriad laws that most of us break just by stepping out our front door in the morning to exercise and demonstrate their "authority." I hate to break it to you, but be a jerk enough times to people, even within the "law," and you'll lose their trust and portray yourself as a tyrant, as so many police and nearly all legislators have in this day and age.
    Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skint?

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Dance View Post
    It may not be true, but man the power hungry give the normal cops a bad name. That's why many, many people will agree with me that cops in general will twist things and use any of the myriad laws that most of us break just by stepping out our front door in the morning to exercise and demonstrate their "authority." I hate to break it to you, but be a jerk enough times to people, even within the "law," and you'll lose their trust and portray yourself as a tyrant, as so many police and nearly all legislators have in this day and age.
    Tend to agree. Common sense cops are as rare as hen's teeth.