Thread: What Trails are you riding lately?

What Trails are you riding lately?

Hey fellow Mountain Bikers, what trails are you riding lately?

I almost went for a ride Saturday but that snow just kept coming down. Hoping to ride one night this week though.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've been digging this Corner Canyon route over the last couple of weeks. I get off work at 3:00pm so it's one I can do before it gets dark and includes just the right amount of climbing and descending. A pretty fast 11.5 miles. Since I live in northern Utah County I really like this starting point. Even after the weekend storm I'm sure it's still ride-able if ridden frozen.
    http://www.strava.com/activities/94773417
    Are we there yet?

Corner Canyon is closed for the season. They may open it up if the ground freezes and there is not yet snow on the trail. Besides the BST between city creek and the zoo, there is not much open that I know of. This last storm closed most everything around SLC for the season. Moab and St George are both still open of course. I'll be heading down South for Thanksgiving if the trails stay dry. You can get good deals on hotels now that the desert tourist season is over.

Yeah, with the precip over the weekend, plus what is supposed to arrive over the next few days, I think CC is probably out of commission for a while. In my experience, about the last place to get snow is the Mountain Ranch bike park down in Eagle Mountain. I've ridden out there on winter days when pretty much everything else was wet or snow covered. It is well out of the rain shadow of the lake, so it just gets West Desert levels of precip (ie, not much!). The trails are fun enough to keep me entertained for a couple hours, at least. Although I haven't been lately -- I've been trying to put as many road miles in as I can before the Holidays get here.

Good luck!

no colorado sombeech...LOL...hopefully in the spring...I have been riding bonneville trail in Davis County, but not sure for how much longer...Name:  DSC_0035.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  205.3 KB
    go get lost, it is good for the soul

Lots of DH stuff (Grafton, Flying Monkey, Nephi's Twist) plus the occasional Bearclaw with my boy.