Thread: Slideanide

Slideanide

On November 13th, 2013, Mark B and I did a quick lap through Slideanide. It is a great place to practice downclimbing; obstacles for all skill levels abound. It's also gold mine for free webbing and rapid links.

A very fun and scenic canyon. My photos do no justice.

Bob

Mark on Rap #1.
    Name:  P1010501.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  124.0 KB

Name:  P1010507.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  114.4 KB

Name:  P1010508.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  130.2 KB

Name:  P1010511.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  135.9 KB

The final drop.
    Name:  P1010514.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  80.8 KB
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

2. Likes MiCamp liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice canyon, I also enjoyed doing it.

Slideanide is one of my favorite canyons. When we did it the first time it was wet, muddy and cold and when we were done we thought "Holy Crap" that was a challenge. It is a clothes trashing event for sure. A couple years later when going through it again it was dry, a lot more fun and a totally different experience. Beside the big crack at the end, there is one good sized crack down climb in the middle of the canyon that was a total hoot.

Great Pictures and thanks for the TR!
    Don't believe everything you think.

-Borrowed from a bumper sticker I believe

6. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by french_de View Post
    Slideanide is one of my favorite canyons. When we did it the first time it was wet, muddy and cold and when we were done we thought "Holy Crap" that was a challenge. It is a clothes trashing event for sure. A couple years later when going through it again it was dry, a lot more fun and a totally different experience. Beside the big crack at the end, there is one good sized crack down climb in the middle of the canyon that was a total hoot.

Great Pictures and thanks for the TR!
    Thanks Doug!

I'm sure those downclimbs would suck with muddy feet. Scary in places.

On the widest downclimb Mark provided a meat-anchor-top-belay. A good confidence builder for me, not believing that I could make the moves.

On the final rappel I provided the same type of belay for Mark, since he wanted to try downclimbing the entire thing. He had trouble with one move, but did the rest. I think he could do it without a rope given a second try. He is very skilled, plus he is tall. Fun to watch.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

great canyon...always enjoy doing it coming from the drill hole in PSprings. Great camping, rock art, and a nice loop.

thanks for the reminder!!!