Thread: RIP Kurt Caselli

RIP Kurt Caselli

Major downer. This guy was an incredibly talented rider and only 30 years old.

---

Tragic news just broke from the Baja 1000. It is being reported that off-road racing legend Kurt Caselli crashed after hitting a booby trap and later died from severe head trauma after being medevaced to the nearest hospital. Kurt was just 30 years old.

At this point, details are scarce, but numerous credible sources from the event are all reporting the same thing. While any death in the dirt bike world hits us all hard, the death of Kurt Caselli will be felt worldwide. Kurt was nothing short of a legend on two wheels and a friend to anyone that he came in contact with. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of Kurt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I raced Baja several times back in the 70's and the booby traps have always been an issue. The locals go out and do shit like place logs across the road over a blind hill to create a crash. One thing I learned fast is if you see three Mexicans standing alone in the desert you had better get on the brakes hard because they are standing around waiting to admire the results of there newly constructed booby trap.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Yeah it's been going on for years and I don't know how they stop it. Not possible.

These idiots claimed one of the top young riders in the US. He was probably the best and such a good guy too.

Eat. Poop. Ride/Hike/Ski. maChete's Avatar
    What a shocker! I am stunned!
    Roger That....Over!

Eat. Poop. Ride/Hike/Ski. maChete's Avatar
    Ive been following him and his racing career for quite some time. He is on the cover of the latest issue of American Motorcyclist right now, December issue. He was such a talented rider. Definitely one of the greatest off road riders of all time. God Speed Kurt
    Roger That....Over!

I don't have idols, but this guy is as close as it gets. He was an off-road giant. It's a very sad day for all of us who ride the desert.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

RIP Kurt Caselli

KTM MOURNS THE LOSS OF KURT CASELLI

"The team, who have now recovered Kurt's bike discovered traces on the machine that indicate he had collided with some small animal, which apparently caused the crash."

http://www.ktm.com/news-events/news/...l#.Uoft3a69LCR

Wow such a loss to the off road world.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.