Thread: Canyoning In Jordan

Canyoning In Jordan

Well it looks like I'm headed to Jordan the beginning of December as part of a trip throughout the Middle East and I think it would be prudent to try out some canyons while I'm there. I've done a bit of internet searching but would love to find someone that has been there and done that. For right now it looks like I'm headed out alone and thus will probably work through a guide service, though I'm pretty open to ideas.

I have a few logistical questions as well as questions about fave canyons, so if you have been though any canyons in Jordan, or know somebody who has, and wouldn't mind answering some questions please let me know (PM is fine)!

Also, if anyone (here's to you Jordanians and Israelis) would be interested in meeting up in Jordan I'd LOVE to find some partners.

Thanks all!

-Matt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burley View Post
    Well it looks like I'm headed to Jordan the beginning of December as part of a trip throughout the Middle East and I think it would be prudent to try out some canyons while I'm there. I've done a bit of internet searching but would love to find someone that has been there and done that. For right now it looks like I'm headed out alone and thus will probably work through a guide service, though I'm pretty open to ideas.

I have a few logistical questions as well as questions about fave canyons, so if you have been though any canyons in Jordan, or know somebody who has, and wouldn't mind answering some questions please let me know (PM is fine)!

Also, if anyone (here's to you Jordanians and Israelis) would be interested in meeting up in Jordan I'd LOVE to find some partners.

Thanks all!

-Matt
    If I remember correctly, @ststephen has done a canyon or two over there. Have you seen his TR(s) on Bogley a few years back of Jordan. pretty cool stuff.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Give me a call at 909-255-6036. I know of someone who has done canyons there.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go but I think that I'm not going to be able to conjure any magic up to make it happen. We just don't overlap enough days! I'm super jealous man! Live it! I'll ABSOLUTELY fly down to the Colorado plateau to hit some stuff up with you this spring!
    canyon to the face??? CANYON TO THE FACE!!!!