Thread: Grand Canyon Trip March 17-April 8, 2013

Grand Canyon Trip March 17-April 8, 2013

Wow! Last March and April I was fortunate enough to be invited on a private permit to spend 21 days rowing a boat down the Grand Canyon with 15 other seasoned, intrepid, hardy souls! Jamie Compos spent the summer creating a website dedicated to our journey, and what a job he has done! He will be adding a day by day journal as he finds time! A LOT of time and effort went into the stories, photography and episodes of this amazing trip of a lifetime and I'm excited to re-live this trip! Thank You to Jamie and the wonderful folks that made this trip so special! I hope you'll enjoy this trip as it unfolds!

http://elveschasm.com/grand-canyon-c...river-journal/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Sounds like another great trip!
    Dang! I just signed up and committed to a 30 day Grand Canyon Trip launching Feb. 21st! Wahoo!

30 days? Awesome!

How many miles do you expect to cover in that time?

30 days? Awesome!

How many miles do you expect to cover in that time?
    Lees Ferry to Pierce Ferry! 280 Miles. Lots and Lots of Hiking Miles as well!

Official now! This time I'll be rowing an 18' boat for 30 days! The itinerary includes many hikes and canyons. My thanks go to my wife, my boss, AJ Pastula, Dave Nally and of course Tanya for writing our book with me, Heidi and Fred Knap (our publisher) for taking the risk, which has paid for both of my Grand Canyon trips. Thank you Dave for holding onto my royalties of our new book, Flash Floods, Falls, Death and Rescues in Zion National Park as this will pay for my abundant libations on this new adventure! Cheers!

That's great! Man I couldn't imagine rowing for a month straight. You should take some before and after pictures of your upper body

That's great! Man I couldn't imagine rowing for a month straight. You should take some before and after pictures of your upper body

Before: and then after: Can you say Beer?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post
    Official now! This time I'll be rowing an 18' boat for 30 days! The itinerary includes many hikes and canyons. My thanks go to my wife, my boss, AJ Pastula, Dave Nally and of course Tanya for writing our book with me, Heidi and Fred Knap (our publisher) for taking the risk, which has paid for both of my Grand Canyon trips. Thank you Dave for holding onto my royalties of our new book, Flash Floods, Falls, Death and Rescues in Zion National Park as this will pay for my abundant libations on this new adventure! Cheers!

Newsbreak: I'm not going! Dec. 5th (2 days prior to the BIG STORM) my water heater at home decided to burst it's bottom! With deductible and expenses finally taken care of, my funds are dried up and the river trip due to launch in 1 week will be a NO-GO for me! Dang! Anyway I just got finished submitting my Application for 2015 along with 14 other applicants! Hoping I hear good news while the current trip is revelling and sucking in the 30 days to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post

Newsbreak: I'm not going! Dec. 5th (2 days prior to the BIG STORM) my water heater at home decided to burst it's bottom! With deductible and expenses finally taken care of, my funds are dried up and the river trip due to launch in 1 week will be a NO-GO for me! Dang! Anyway I just got finished submitting my Application for 2015 along with 14 other applicants! Hoping I hear good news while the current trip is revelling and sucking in the 30 days to come!
    Dang! I didn't draw for my 2015 dates :-(
    Hopefully one of the other 13 in our group draws out!

Did not get lucky myself in '15 either. But can't complain as I just got to row the upper half in March and one of my group did score in '15 so there's a chance I'll get an opportunity next year as well.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Quote Originally Posted by ststephen View Post
    Did not get lucky myself in '15 either. But can't complain as I just got to row the upper half in March and one of my group did score in '15 so there's a chance I'll get an opportunity next year as well.
    One of the friends of our group effort drew out! I got invited! March 8th, 2015 Launch Date! Yee-Haw!

Lucky dog! If you need someone to organize the beer for your trip I can offer my services
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"