Thread: Anyone Ridden The New BST North Section?

Anyone Ridden The New BST North Section?

My friend invited me to go ride the section of the Bonneville Shoreline Trail that goes North from the North Ogden Divide over to Pole Patch yesterday. I thought it would be fun to ride again, but I thought it was still just dirt road double track most of the way as I remembered it last. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It is 99% single track now and really fun! No more steep hike-a-bike and getting off to get through gates. It flows really smooth now and you can ride the whole way. Has anyone else ridden this trail yet? Maybe this is old news to everyone on here and I've been living under a rock. Lol. Curious to hear what people think of it. Apparently it was cut in last year. It must be well liked considering the large number of people I saw on it yesterday.

http://www.weberpathways.org/new-work-on-the-bonneville-shoreline-north-trail

Name:  bst north.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  67.1 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ahansen60 View Post
    My friend invited me to go ride the section of the Bonneville Shoreline Trail that goes North from the North Ogden Divide over to Pole Patch yesterday. I thought it would be fun to ride again, but I thought it was still just dirt road double track most of the way as I remembered it last. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It is 99% single track now and really fun! No more steep hike-a-bike and getting off to get through gates. It flows really smooth now and you can ride the whole way. Has anyone else ridden this trail yet? Maybe this is old news to everyone on here and I've been living under a rock. Lol. Curious to hear what people think of it. Apparently it was cut in last year. It must be well liked considering the large number of people I saw on it yesterday.

http://www.weberpathways.org/new-work-on-the-bonneville-shoreline-north-trail

Name:  bst north.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  67.1 KB
    I rode it a couple of times this past Spring. It is really fun.

I've been hearing good things and I've gotta get my butt up there to ride.

Do you start at the parking lot on the North Ogden Divide road, then ride up and back?

Yeah you can start at the divide or from pole patch. They just smoothed out and graveled a parking area on the pole patch side of it. Just head east on 4600 North to the parking area.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I'd like to try and ride this on Saturday.

You might want to rethink a Saturday ride. The weather doesn't look too good for Friday through Sunday. I'm trying to get in one last ride for the week today while the weather and temps are still nice.

How would this trail be if it rained? Would it carve ruts in it pretty bad, or is there some good gravel and roadbase on it?

There's some of both. The areas out in the open in the sagebrush seem to be mostly rock/gravel, but the areas in the oaks is regular brown dirt which might get a little gooey if wet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk