Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hidden canyon Nov 29th

Hidden canyon Nov 29th

My brother and I are going through hidden canyon on Fri after thanksgiving. We are both capable of doing this canyon by ourselves, but would love to meet some new people if anyone is free that day. Oh and we'll be doing a late run through keyhole the night before if anyone is interested. Pm me if you're available.

2. Likes ratagonia liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hidden was closed by the park due to "sensitive habitat" for some secret reason last month. Maybe open now?

We may be up for this. I will keep in touch. We are getting there the Sat. before and have campground reservations untill Thanksgiving day. We might move on to somewere differant for the rest of the week. If we stay the whole week I think we will join you.

Thanks for the heads up on the closure, I sent an email to the park asking for an update on when it will be open. I'll post here if my plans have to change.

The Park emailed me back and said that its open, so the trip is still on.

That is so tempting, but I'll be visiting Hidden the day before you...and am not quite ready for a full though-trip. But I'll be looking forward to your TR! :)

My brother is coming into town over thanksgiving and we were going to do a canyon. I've done hidden before and would love to do it again. I will find out for sure and let you know

Are you guys planning on a shuttle to the top or hiking up?

Depends on if anyone else joins us. At the moment no one has said that they would definitely be there and its just me my brother and one car. I would like to hike in from the top though since the days are short and it would save time.

We hiked in from Many Pools and it was an easy approach

I hadn't heard of that one before, I looked it up and it seems like its and off trail route. Is the navigation easy? It would still need a 2nd car though.

If we can make it and I dont see why not I vote for the shuttle idea. Day after turkey day could be a slow moving one. LOL

15. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Here are some shots of the Many Pools approach:

17. Likes 2065toyota liked this post

19. Likes Wasatch liked this post
    We were just up Many Pools to hike Deertrap. Took us about 2 hours to get up to the top but we're not too speedy. This is the ridge (in the middle) you're going up. Went up the main canyon but there still is some steep loose stuff at the end.
    Name:  PB180004.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  105.4 KB

Better to stay down in the canyon (RUC) than go up the ridge. I don't think we were more than an hour to top

We are in and we have the permit for 6. See you guys at canyon junction at 7:30am. Now its time to go eat to much turkey.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    How did it go? I hear there was a rescue in the area over the weekend.

Tom

It was a good day, we moved slowly and caught one of the last buses out of the canyon but we made it. There was no snow up on top and the day was warm. I'll post details in a TR soon. I hadn't heard anything about a rescue, hope whoever it was is OK.

26. Likes ratagonia liked this post