Thread: New book on Zion NP death's and rescues

New book on Zion NP death's and rescues

Zion National Park is home to majestic and wondrous canyons, cliffs, crags, mesas, rivers, and slot canyons. World travelers remain in awe as they drive, walk, hike, and climb into such a unique place that is filled with vibrant, sacred, and mystical energy. Gradually becoming transfixed, many push themselves further into the wilds, oblivious to weather and dangers, deeper into the backcountry, suddenly finding themselves in extreme predicaments. These are the moments when accidents often occur... and these once beautiful, holy places become menacing and dangerous - sometimes leading to agonizing and horrific accidents--and even death!

Since the early 1900s there have been 70 recorded deaths that have taken place inside Zion's park boundaries. Hundreds of rescues of outdoor enthusiasts have ensued as well. This book covers all of those deaths, and many of the gripping rescues that have occurred during the past century. Bo Beck, a senior Zion Search and Rescue member for over 17 years, also shares his personal accounts. You will marvel at the riveting stories, and take away a better understanding of how to be smarter and better prepared for your next great adventure!

260-page book recounts the 70+ deaths and many notable rescues that have occurred in Zion National Park during the past century. Authored by Dave Nally; Introduction and many rescue accounts told by Bo Beck.

$16.40 until November 15th

Order the book here:
    http://www.dnally.com/

I just ordered a copy, I'll post a review once the book arrives.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very cool! Sounds like an interesting book.

Ordered. Should be interesting.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Just 2 months ago, on a vacation to Yellowstone NP with my family, I stumbled on the book, ‘Death in Yellowstone,’ which I assume is in the same vein as Zion Death and Rescues. During the Yellowstone trip I became obsessed with the book and forced my poor family to visit some the locations where the stories had occurred. I had brought the family vacation to a creepy, morbid new level.

Looking forward to reading the Zion book, and maybe heading out there to connect with the grisly scenes of NP past. Ordered!

The is also a similar Grand Canyon book titled Death Below the Rim.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Bogley BigShot
    Dave Nally's book with Bo Beck is suppose to be really good! I hope to see it soon!