Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SNOW! Anybody else?

Recorded the dogs playing in some Saint George snow. Aspect ratio looks off, makes them look like Daschunds instead of Pitbulls, lol. Still you get the idea.

Your safety is not my responsibility.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Must be weird seeing the white stuff down there!

Yeah pretty crazy. I guess saint george only has one snowplow so the town pretty much shut down today. My neighbor has a RZR with a snow attachment though, so he took care of our entire neighborhood. Took the 4runner out and did some fun spins (doughnuts?) in the empty parking lots, had a blast :)

Name:  2875370_polaris_rzr_snow_plow.1.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  42.1 KB

Took a snapshot of the "Wundermap" of the reporting stations in St. George area a few minutes ago. Kinda hard to believe...

Bloomington -2F
    Zion 0F
    Colorado City -18F

Palm trees are beyond shivering.

Name:  Zion-St. George Temps.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  76.0 KB

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I have just over a foot of snow on the front yard.. I'm sure glad I have a dedicated ATV with snow plow blade. Yesterday, I ended up clearing all the sidewalks in/around the neighborhood for over a block in every direction.

This morning's view from one of my security cameras:

Name:  SnapshotJPEG.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  44.7 KB
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

SNOW! Anybody else?

Wish I was in Hawaii! You St. George people must be freezing to DEATH!

Saturday, Zion National Park reached an all-time record with 14 inches of snow. The 8 inches reported in St. George would represent the third-highest single-day total ever, trailing only the 15 inches seen Jan. 18, 1894, and the 10 inches on Jan. 5, 1974. In 1919, observers reported 8 inches falling each day on Nov. 26 and 27.

Alta, UT holds the all time state record of 38" on Dec 2, 1982.

Jimmy Kimmel... "Cold" in Los Angeles...

12. Likes Deathcricket liked this post
    No comments on the video above? Hilarious!

Hope the 50* shit hits soon I've a tuesday ride planned and still have 4 in the front yard Santa Clara iced over ,Ut.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

6" in sunny ST' George is right and that 52* mark best hit soon as I have a Tuesday ride planned. or it could look like this

They said it hit zero degrees two days ago at the airport. But this is the same air port (the new one) that let a guy get in that killed his girlfriend and stole a plane and wreck it and he was a pilot. HMMM.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post

Wish I was in Hawaii! You St. George people must be freezing to DEATH!

Yeah it's trippy having snow on the ground this long! Pretty much none of it has melted from the original storm. Speaking of Hawaii, my uncle retired there and this is from his facebook feed 6 mins ago, brutal!

Name:  1470223_760884890608230_1785761225_n.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  34.0 KB

We took the rock crawlers, a bunch of kids and some tubes to the sand dunes at Sand Hollow. There was about a foot of snow out there. Perfect tubing hills

My house in Washington fields. 9.5" of snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Mt Carmel, my new back yard.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Does anybody know how much snow is covering the San Rafael Swell (Devils' Racetrack) area?
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Uh yeah, Salt Lake City got hammered! The roads are an absolute circus. Thank goodness for all-wheel drive!

I had to be in downtown SLC this morning. I drove through Utah County on dry roads. When I got to the point of the mountain you couldn't see any of the Salt Lake Valley. I thought to myself, this isn't looking good. By the time I got to 145000 South, it was almost a white out with the roads getting icy. When I slowly (about 45 minutes later) arrived at the 600 South off ramp it was stopped cold. I waited about 30 minutes to get off the freeway. Here is what I saw.

Name:  600 S. Off Ramp.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  67.1 KB

If you zoom in you can see one incident management truck stopping traffic and another one pushing those with crappy tires up the off ramp. The drill went like this. Stupid little car with bald tires can't make it up the off ramp. One incident management truck blocked traffic at the bottom while the other one used its push bar to push the little car over the crest. The trucks would both pull in the emergency lane and then back down the ramp and repeat the process. Painfully slow for those of us who bought snow tires.....
    Life is Good

Strange how hard Salt Lake is getting clobbered. I live in Highland and work in American Fork and we haven't received anything. Just dark and gloomy but no snow or ice.
    Are we there yet?