Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SNOW! Anybody else?

SNOW! Anybody else?

70 degrees in Salt Lake City yesterday and here comes winter...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yep, looks about the same here in Draper. We got a sweet ride in CC yesterday afternoon. Not so sweet today unless you like cold and muddy. Guess it's time to start planning a Gooseberry trip.

Nope, no white crap here

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Guess it's time to start planning a Gooseberry trip.
    Gooseberry will be getting snow soon too, if not already.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

That's rarely if ever stopped us. Headed there on the 22nd. Guarantee the riding will be better in So Utah than in Draper.

Anybody else?
    Yes, everything is covered in snow here. My thermometer says it got down to zero degrees last night, though it has now warmed up to 2F.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Yes, everything is covered in snow here. My thermometer says it got down to zero degrees last night, though it has now warmed up to 2F.
    Holy Moly! You do live in a cold area. That's gotta be one of the coldest towns in the west?

You do live in a cold area. That's gotta be one of the coldest towns in the west?
    Sometimes (fairly often) we have the coldest spot in the nation, but several places average colder than us (Fraser CO, Gunnison CO, West Yellowstone MT, Stanley ID, etc.).

In town our record low is -56F. Maybell, which is just west of us recorded a -61F, which is the coldest temperature ever recorded in Colorado.

On some websites, it can be misleading when you look up the averages for Craig because they use the Craig 4SW station which sits on a hill at the mine and is much warmer at night (in fact their record low is only -41F; a figure reached on a regular basis at the weather station in town). In town and in the valley, it's usually much colder at night than at Craig 4SW (last winter when I had -40F at the house, the mine was at -28F). The Craig-Moffat station is the one to look at.

Tonight is supposed to be a much warmer 17F because it's supposed to snow all night:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...1#.Une_Svmkrws

It can be fairly chilly here in winter:

0F isn't that cold. The -61F in Maybell was. When you think about it in this way; "if it were 90 degrees warmer, it would still be below freezing", it puts it in perspective.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Just started snowing here in Torrey

Name:  PTDC0095.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  30.8 KB

SNOW! Anybody else?

Snowbird, UT

Hmmm, feels warmer.

Name:  Capture10.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  18.1 KB

Just got 17" out of this storm at the Steamboat Ski Area. (Day before Thanksgiving is opening day) About 10" in 2 days in the valley. Last year I was raking leaves in December and skiing 1 manmade strip of death. This year should be a really sweet start. Will probably start skiing on Rabbit Ears pass in the next day or so. No more raking leaves.

Wow! Got 52 degrees today. If this keeps up maybe we will see the ground again.

Snow on my deck 2 days ago.
    Name:  IMG_5355.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  95.9 KB
    Up on Rabbit Ears Pass yesterday.
    Name:  IMG_5364.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  100.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by powderglut View Post
    Wow! Got 52 degrees today. If this keeps up maybe we will see the ground again.

Snow on my deck 2 days ago.
    Name:  IMG_5355.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  95.9 KB
    Up on Rabbit Ears Pass yesterday.
    Name:  IMG_5364.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  100.3 KB
    Looking forward to seeing your reports in the skiing section. Its time to get that area going!

This morning from my window at work

My aunt said that she got 2 feet of heavy wet snow in her yard in Escalante. That is just crazy.

Any other reports from So. Utah?

Capitol Reef got 9" according to the NPS.

Here why I live we only got 2" or so.

Utah got nailed! St. George even got 6". That's crazy talk!

Who else got hit or will get hit?

7" on the snow stake in my backyard today