Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Announcing Bogley.com 5.0!

Put me on the list for a darker background. Woot! The white seems to blind me a bit. Either I'm getting old or my monitor is getting too big. Hahaha. Although facebook has a white background and it doesn't seem to blind me. Weird. Perhaps the amount of open space on here vs facebook has ads every where. Anyways, just glad you guys are back online, missed ya!
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    I wanted pink, but it was too bright for my eyes, so I went with Teal. I like this all. Comparing the 2 now makes the old one look ..... well... old.

Good Job Scott, Beech and whoever else had a hand in this!

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I also miss the link back to the forum menu that was right after the quick reply dialogue box. Not a big fan of bright colors, I will try out the black and white theme for now. Thanks again for all your work.
    This is back now, just below the Quick Reply box at the bottom. Thanks for the feedback

Name:  bread.png
Views: 249
Size:  18.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Just a observation,

Even though I was logged in under my tapatalk ID, I had to log-out and log-in to it, otherwise tapatalk wouldn't let me post pics from my mobile.

-Brett
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Just a observation,

Even though I was logged in under my tapatalk ID, I had to log-out and log-in to it, otherwise tapatalk wouldn't let me post pics from my mobile.

-Brett
    I had that prob too. This was happening before our upgrade. I'm guessing its a tapatalk bug. I bet they are working on it. I thought about emailing them.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Howcome I can't add spaces to my posts? Whenever I press Enter the cursor doesn't reset to the next line, and whatever I type just ends up being one long run-on sentence.
    From another thread, but this issue has just been resolved. It was a problem with Internet Explorer 10 users.

I'm writing this in IE10 now

and the Enter function is working

No compatibility mode needed.

For those of you using the different colored bogley styles, could you please let us know if you're still having the problem?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I had that prob too. This was happening before our upgrade. I'm guessing its a tapatalk bug. I bet they are working on it. I thought about emailing them.
    Yea I emailed Tapatalk before I replied here.

-Brett
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Just a observation,

-Brett
    Yeah this was a Tapatalk update.

You'll notice when uploading a photo, if you choose image, it will be a Tapatalk hosted image. If you choose attachment it will be hosted here on Bogley.

If you want the Bogley hosted image to show "inline" with your post rather than down below in the attachment box, just tap on the attachment and it throws it inline where your cursor was.

These are all uploaded via the "attachment" and then tapping them to put them inline with my post

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  33.0 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  57.3 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  59.0 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1383578622750.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  62.0 KB

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Another thought:

One of the forums I frequent uses Vbulletin as well, and I'm just tossing this idea out there to make Bogley more family-friendly (if needs be). There is a toggle which allows a user when they sign-up (or they can do it later) which adds a censorship filter. So basically, if the toggle is switched, then certain sub-forum categories as well as certain words are censored. Of course there will always be ways to bypass it, however.

Also, anyone who registers can input there birthday and based on their age (below 18 since nudity is allowed in the basement) it would keep it relatively clean for the younger folks.

The what's new button lists the forum with new posts, The problem is if I enter the thread through the what's new button it takes me to the first post in the thread and not the last unread post in the thread, which kinda sucks on threads with 5 or 6 pages.

It might have always been this way but I have started using the what's new button since it is displayed so proudly. In tapatalk the what's new (unread posts) button takes you to the last unread post in the thread which is really sweet. If the what's new button worked like tapatalk that would be much better IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The what's new button lists the forum with new posts, The problem is if I enter the thread through the what's new button it takes me to the first post in the thread and not the last unread post in the thread, which kinda sucks on threads with 5 or 6 pages.

It might have always been this way but I have started using the what's new button since it is displayed so proudly. In tapatalk the what's new (unread posts) button takes you to the last unread post in the thread which is really sweet. If the what's new button worked like tapatalk that would be much better IMHO.
    Yeah I noticed that too. We updated the software, which changed the way this button acts. Some other people were complaining about it on other websites. There is a code fix to revert it to function like it used to. We'll have to put that on our list.

Another thought:

One of the forums I frequent uses Vbulletin as well, and I'm just tossing this idea out there to make Bogley more family-friendly (if needs be). There is a toggle which allows a user when they sign-up (or they can do it later) which adds a censorship filter. So basically, if the toggle is switched, then certain sub-forum categories as well as certain words are censored. Of course there will always be ways to bypass it, however.

Also, anyone who registers can input there birthday and based on their age (below 18 since nudity is allowed in the basement) it would keep it relatively clean for the younger folks.
    Sure, we can set up a profanity filter for specific groups. The nudity thing in the Rubbish Bin, we'll just have to keep a better moderation on it. I can't go in there during work, I'm at school, could lose my job. But yeah, good ideas.

I see what you mean. If you hit the title of the thread it takes you to the first post, but if you hit "See More", that tends to take you to the last post, or your first unread post.

Name:  whats new.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  39.6 KB

I guess it's kind of like how the main thread page works. If you hit the small blue arrow next to the date on the right, this goes to the last post

Name:  last.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  46.1 KB

BUT... this can be fixed. I'll see if I can do this today. Thanks

15. Likes Taylor, accadacca, Udink, Iceaxe, jman liked this post

I like it guys. What a trip down memory lane to see all the old uUtah looks!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    We're working on a dark background with light lettering, possibly within the next 24 hours.
    How's that coming along?
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

FWIW: The more I'm around this white background the more I hate it. I've noticed I now follow the forum mostly on my phone because the white is so annoying.

FWIW: The more I'm around this white background the more I hate it. I've noticed I now follow the forum mostly on my phone because the white is so annoying.
    X2

Know what I want for Christmas?

Grey background.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

X3

Felicia
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden