Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Announcing Bogley.com 5.0!

Either way, I can't get logged in from tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ok I got it. I had to log out of my tapatalk ID in order to login into and add bogley to my personal forum list. Weird, but whatever. I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootboy View Post
    Ok I got it. I had to log out of my tapatalk ID in order to login into and add bogley to my personal forum list. Weird, but whatever. I'm in.
    OK, cool. Thanks for posting the follow up. Maybe there are others with the same issue.

Nice work Scott, Justin and crew!

Observations:

Photos posted on a white background are not as pleasing to the eye as photos posted on a black background.

Also, black text on a white page is harder on the eye than white text on a black page. Black text on a grey page, as before, is also easy on the eye.

Not saying Bogley should be blacked out... But I'm wondering, will there be a way to change the background or text colors?

Thanks for keeping the pirate ship afloat guys!
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

I agree with Bob...I much prefer the darker background against the bolder, blacker letters. Is there a way to have a "classic grey" option? I know that if this is it, I'll get used to it...but if you look to the right where it says "Become a Bigshot", I like that look.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Nice work Scott, Justin and crew!

Observations:

Photos posted on a white background are not as pleasing to the eye as photos posted on a black background.

Also, black text on a white page is harder on the eye than white text on a black page. Black text on a grey page, as before, is also easy on the eye.

Not saying Bogley should be blacked out... But I'm wondering, will there be a way to change the background or text colors?

Thanks for keeping the pirate ship afloat guys!
    Thanks for the feedback@Slot Machine. These are the stock themes, so we can certainly make adjustments. Perhaps we'll darken up the B&W theme or make a new one. This was a first crack at it. You'd be amazed at how many people didn't like the dark theme when we switched from white back in the day. Different strokes right. I'm a metallic/grey guy myself, but one of my fav colors is the light blue. If anyone is interested in helping modify a theme, send me a PM. It's not really hard and you don't need to be that technical, just takes some time and tinkering. We could have a more bogley-esqe option.

Thanks guys, and well done. I was getting tired of looking for something interesting over at CC. I agree with the comments about dark lettering on white background (harder on the eyes). I also miss the link back to the forum menu that was right after the quick reply dialogue box. Not a big fan of bright colors, I will try out the black and white theme for now. Thanks again for all your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I also miss the link back to the forum menu that was right after the quick reply dialogue box.
    Yes, these links at the bottom are known as lower "bread crumbs". these will definitely make their way back to the forum, rather than needing to scroll all the way up to the top to get back to the forum.

One quick tip while we wait for me to test that feature out here, is the "Quick Navigation" where you can jump to a different forum, or even hit the "Top" button to skip the scrolling part.

But I agree and we'll get those lower bread crumbs showing up here possibly this weekend.

Name:  7.png
Views: 208
Size:  21.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I was getting tired of looking for something interesting over at CC.
    Har har!!! Yeah...that place isn't really the den of activity now, is it?

Another thing we're eager to throw back up there are the quick links to show the latest Trip Reports for all forums, and each individual forum.

And while I'm talking about Trip Reports, adding the link below each user's avatar called "My Trip Reports". It made it nice if you were a fan of somebody's Trip Reports, you could click that link and view ALL of their stuff without performing a search.

This stuff will be coming back, and hopefully more of your ideas. This was just a pretty big software update and believe it or not, one little thing like that can cause the infamous "White Page" that we were all getting this week if it's not compatible.

Please keep your ideas coming, and especially what you liked about bogley up until last week, (and what you hated!) I'll make those the priority items to fix.

Thanks, and let's keep this thread rolling.

My wife (Laura) is too chicken to register and post this herself: she would like Bogley to be unavailable after 10:00 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Thanks for the feedback@Slot Machine. These are the stock themes, so we can certainly make adjustments. Perhaps we'll darken up the B&W theme or make a new one. This was a first crack at it. You'd be amazed at how many people didn't like the dark theme when we switched from white back in the day. Different strokes right. I'm a metallic/grey guy myself, but one of my fav colors is the light blue. If anyone is interested in helping modify a theme, send me a PM. It's not really hard and you don't need to be that technical, just takes some time and tinkering. We could have a more bogley-esqe option.
    Yes, different strokes. Some people like Van Gogh. Some people like dogs playing poker. Just don't listen to the people that don't have an aesthetic eye or we will all go blind.

I did a little homework to better educate myself on the topic of eye strain. White on black (for simplicity white/black) is bad. Black/white is better. However the extreme contrast of black/white still creates eye strain.

This webpage offered some education on the topic: http://www.writer2001.com/colwebcontrast.htm

Black/beige or black/pale green produces little eye strain and is very appealing. The CC uses the black/beige combo and it looks nice (gotta give it to them, their web designer has a very keen aesthetic eye). Beige also produces less contrast when viewing photos.

However, 'mid tone grey' or '50% grey' is the best background for viewing photos. Not best in my opinion, but best scientifically. With a black background your iris is a little too open, with a white background your iris is a little too closed. These adjustments of your eye affect the perception of color in the displayed photos.

Anyway, I'd like to help create a better Bogley and would be happy to assist you in modifying some themes. I'm sure Tony would too, he has a great aesthetic eye.

I'll send you an email.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Hear hear! I'd slap a "Like" down on that one, Bob....if I could, that is.

I see that you have jumped on the "bandwagon" to dim text (sort of grey-ish). Its what happens when programmers try and become interior decorators (the interior decorators have not helped MS Office one bit). All this "interior decorating" looks pretty but is harder to read. On a non-commercial website I guess that is fine - but I do hate it when I see hard to read text on government web sites, user support web sites (HMOs etc) and even places trying to sell something (why make the process harder).

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Yes, different strokes. Some people like Van Gogh. Some people like dogs playing poker. Just don't listen to the people that don't have an aesthetic eye or we will all go blind.

I did a little homework to better educate myself on the topic of eye strain. White on black (for simplicity white/black) is bad. Black/white is better. However the extreme contrast of black/white still creates eye strain.

This webpage offered some education on the topic: http://www.writer2001.com/colwebcontrast.htm

Black/beige or black/pale green produces little eye strain and is very appealing. The CC uses the black/beige combo and it looks nice (gotta give it to them, their web designer has a very keen aesthetic eye). Beige also produces less contrast when viewing photos.

However, 'mid tone grey' or '50% grey' is the best background for viewing photos. Not best in my opinion, but best scientifically. With a black background your iris is a little too open, with a white background your iris is a little too closed. These adjustments of your eye affect the perception of color in the displayed photos.

Anyway, I'd like to help create a better Bogley and would be happy to assist you in modifying some themes. I'm sure Tony would too, he has a great aesthetic eye.

I'll send you an email.
    Sounds great. I just sent you my phone number. Let's make a darker option, all for it.

You should send that link to the designers of Facebook. Lotta white on that website!

on the subject of eyes and text - text on computer screens, such as my modern Dell 24" HD display with IPS is still made up of pixels, it is not solid like printed text - so on-screen text is always less distinct (for any font that we like, with curves, not silly computer fonts) than printed text. Then, when you grey (gray) it out, it becomes even less distinct.

I didn't design this skin, but I did do the last one. However, I did spend all week fixing the site though!

Yea, while you're doing nothing, can you add some subtraction? This place needs more red. It makes it hard if I don't have a language changer. While you're adding languages, please add Ebonics because Hooked on Phonics worked for me

Great job, looks good!

I know some hate it.... but I'm a big fan of white letters on a dark background. It's easier on my old eyes to read. It's one of the nice things about tap-a-talk is you can select light or dark background.

I'm also a big fan of women's beach volleyball and some hate that.... different strokes I guess.

Name:  Beach-Volleyball-Womens-Butts.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  43.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I know some hate it.... but I'm a big fan of white letters on a dark background. It's easier on my old eyes to read. It's one of the nice things about tap-a-talk is you can select light or dark background.
    We're working on a dark background with light lettering, possibly within the next 24 hours.