Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Destroying Formations at Goblin Valley

Destroying Formations at Goblin Valley

Check out the video:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57...oblin.html.csp

[Moderator] Linked from YouTube...

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Young men who have shit for brains have been a problem for eons.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    This certainly brings the term "idiot" to a new level
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

holy $%^&$#, thanks for posting. Disgusting to say the least

Yikes!

Here comes the wrath...

Reminds me of the scout troop (I recognize that this group may not be scouts) about 12 years ago that broke up the dinosaur tracks at a Utah reservoir and threw them into the water. What the hell?!? It you're that bored, sit down and eat your boogers. Stupid derelict, idiot ill-raised people. Someone needs to get this video to the powers that be so that a fine can be issued. I've rolled my fair share of boulders but I have not destroyed unique formations in such a place as that. YouTube is such a bane to society in the hands of stupid people. How many idiots will watch this and get the same bright idea?
    Stupid people will be the undoing of our civilization. Aarrrggghhhhhh!!!

If it is 'just one' this time, how many more morons might the You Tube video inspire? Then who needs erosion any more when you've got brains and brawn like these. Maybe they will push mountains next?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    Boy Scout leaders...
    And you are making this statement based on what facts?????
    Life is Good

And you are making this statement based on what facts?????
    See the link to the article:

Glenn Taylor said Thursday afternoon that he was the man who pushed over the formation, while Dave Hall filmed and Dylan Taylor looked on. According to Taylor, he and Hall are leaders for a local troop of the Boy Scouts of America. Hall added that the men also were acting as Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints youth leaders.

(PS, I am also a scout leader. Leaders like this should be banned).
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    See the link to the article:

Glenn Taylor said Thursday afternoon that he was the man who pushed over the formation, while Dave Hall filmed and Dylan Taylor looked on. According to Taylor, he and Hall are leaders for a local troop of the Boy Scouts of America. Hall added that the men also were acting as Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints youth leaders.

(PS, I am also a scout leader. Leaders like this should be banned).
    Thank you. Was this a scout outing?
    Life is Good

As an Eagle Scout, I am ashamed and agree they should be banned. Maybe a word to my district leader can get the ball rolling.

16. Likes Scott P liked this post
    Thank you. Was this a scout outing?
    I'm not 100% sure, but some of the early FB post made it sound like it was a "youth trip". I think the original FB post have been removed or made private?

Weird that when they were interviewed, the person that pushed the rock over came out and said, "yeah, we're boy scout leaders". Was it to gain sympathy or something?

Well...as long as they go to church on Sunday and pass the sacrament it's all good.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

19. Likes JP liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Well...as long as they go to church on Sunday and pass the sacrament it's all good.
    Life is Good

21. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post

in all seriousness, I'm not sure why the author of the article felt compelled to report which religion these redneck asshats belonged to. What does that have to do with anything?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post

in all seriousness, I'm not sure why the author of the article felt compelled to report which religion these redneck asshats belonged to. What does that have to do with anything?
    Some of the comments posted after the Salt Lake Tribune article implied that the LDS church could help get these guys off the charges.

Quote Originally Posted by deagol View Post
    Some of the comments posted after the Salt Lake Tribune article implied that the LDS church could help get these guys off the charges.
    "Some of the comments posted implied...."
    Life is Good