Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Destroying Formations at Goblin Valley

Word on the street is that our very own Scott Card is representing these two...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Conspiracy criminal mischief? What a bunch of BS. How is it a crime to videotape anything, as long as the person being taped agrees to it (or is forced to by law, in the case of cops)?
    Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skint?

How is it a crime to videotape anything, as long as the person being taped agrees to it (or is forced to by law, in the case of cops)?
    It seems that several people who videotape crimes get charged with this. For example, filming mailbox vandalism, filming crime sprees, etc.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Blog Entries
    I just heard about this just now, but this is about 2 days late:

"Goblin toppling bill on hold" From KSL.com (although the article is now stated as "archived", which means it might be outdated??? after 2 days?) Anyway,

"Lawmakers say they love their goblins, but they rejected a bill to protect the geologic features because they said it was too broad and probably not needed. Members of the House Natural Resources, Agriculture and Environment Committee narrowly voted 8-6 to hold HB68, sponsored by Rep. Dixon Pitcher, R-Ogden.

"I don't see where this hits the target," said Rep. Ken Ivory, R-West Jordan. "It seems to cast a pretty wide net."

"What we are primarily concerned about are those features that constituted the designation of the park itself," he said. "The goblins in the Goblin Valley, for example, are the type of features that brought about this legislation."

But lawmakers worried that the provisions in the bill would be too far-reaching and encompass too many features at a park.

"As I see we are trying to figure out a process to deal with penalties for priceless objects," Ivory said, but added that the "loose" descriptions in the bill embrace any feature valued at $101 or more.

But several lawmakers, including Rep. Steve Handy, R-Layton, said he wanted to move the bill forward for additional discussion because of the importance of protecting those geologic features.

Rep. Mike Noel, R-Kanab, however, said he was not convinced the bill is necessary."The situation we are dealing with has already been resolved by the county attorney in that county and I am not sure we are adding that much," he said."

●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Waste of time and tax dollars to write up a vague bill like this. If somebody thinks about toppling a goblin, it won't be the bill that stops them, but the thought of this infamous case.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk