Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Best of North Wash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Thread title "Best of North Wash". Hardly.
    Yes. Mods, please immediately change it to

"Dark and seedy underbelly of North Wash camp culture"

merci

2. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

chrtistina can be a little volatile, but forgivable under these circumstances, of being falsely accused. Her car blocked no one. The decidedly rude visitor from his campsite ordered our campfire group, only five people, none of whom were intoxicated, to be quiet because they were trying to sleep. At 9:28 pm. And then threatened us, saying that "he had better not have to come back". Totally inappropriate and bizzare. Shocked and stunned, we reverted to almost whispers. And to correct the exaggeration/fabrication above, the fire was out and everyone had gone to bed, prior to 11 pm; I was the last one up, and banked the coals before turning in. far from the ficticious "12 or 1 oclock", alleged. It would appear that the difficulties this group experienced coping the next day may extend beyond just canyons.

This thread has me questioning whether I want to camp at Sandthrax at all. If I want to enjoy the best of North Wash.....is this the only decent car camping around here?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDuke View Post
    This thread has me questioning whether I want to camp at Sandthrax at all. If I want to enjoy the best of North Wash.....is this the only decent car camping around here?
    It's nice if you like company around. The thing about that place is, you never know what you're going to get. It's like staying at one of the National Park campgrounds...one night it's quiet as a mouse by 10pm and the next there are people up 'till midnight carrying on. Campthrax is a roll of the dice.

There are plenty of places to camp nearby. That's usually what I'll do, just for the guaranteed peace and quiet. As a rule of thumb though, when I'm around strangers, is to tone it down after 10...even if I'm still around the campfire.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

7. Likes deagol liked this post
    Best camping experience I have had was at Sandthrax during FF....Hot fresh donuts, ICE cold champagne, good stories, and a after midnight Dog SAR.....did I mention hot fresh donuts?

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertDuke View Post
    Sandthrax is a largish camp. Plunking down in the middle, and expecting quiet? --- priceless!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by rick t View Post
    And then threatened us, saying that "he had better not have to come back".
    Dang... I'd pay good money for someone to tell me that.... just so I could tell them to it ain't going to happen.... but then again... sometimes I can be a real ass.... snicker-snicker.....

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3