Thread: Went to Green River this weekend

Went to Green River this weekend

I went on a ride with some really cool folks from Colorado last spring and kept in touch with some since then.
    This lead me to a fall ride at the Green River area last weekend.
    We started with a friday -monday ride but it got bumped by a day to take advantage of the weather.
    Sat. morn started with a 30*F and the windscreens where all frosted. So we hit up some good breakfast and then we headed out for the day.

Day-1 we drove west from Green River till the Temple MTN. (131) exit and geared up and headed across the I-70 for about 4 miles and then hit an under the hwy. tunnel and headed north for a great loop before we came back across the hwy. to Swasey's cabin and on down Eagle Cyn. Somewhere in the mingle we hit Coal Wash and some really great sceenic areas were we saw wild burrows and Dez. sheep. It was about 70 miles plus and none of us had rode this before.
    Great starter to what was to come.

Day -2 We rode from the Hotels in Green River to Crystal Gyser and then headed east on son kick ass whooped air time trails before we dropped into White Wash and headed south. Got a bit turned around with the land marks (there are not much) and then headed down the LUGE/DEAD COW/Tubes? Great ride and did lunch under this huge Big Cottonwood tree. Hit a ton of whoops after that and worked our way back to the Hotel.

Day - 3 We loaded up and the CO. boys cleared there shit out of the Hotel for there next night in Grand Junction.
    We drove just over the UT/CO boarder and we hit Rabbit Valley by far some of the best single track I have ever seen.

If you ever get a chance to do Rabbit Valley do it!

By far the best day out of the three.

I did a booboo and tore a back muscle that day and smashed my circutry for my lights/blinkers/ horn but dam that rim trail was cool as F.

Bret and Bo had put out a ride invite about a month ago and after riding with them in Moab I just could not resist. ( GREAT GUYS TO RIDE WITH).

I'll try and get some picts up but it won't be like you where there.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Eat. Poop. Ride/Hike/Ski. maChete's Avatar
    Sounds like everyone that didn't go missed out. Glad you had a good ride. No 5MOH??
    Roger That....Over!

NO they gave me a big ass break but! If you ever get a chance to ride rabbit valley don't pas this one up.
    Desert single to the extreme with all the goodies you could ever ask for. Now this ride is really in CO by a pinch but well worth doing. And just plain fan friggin tastistic.
    Do the ledge ride as it works it's way around the Colorado river ledges with break your ass drops and climbs.

You would love this one dude it is the real shit.
    There was one spot were we had to work together so that we did not loose a bike over a cliff. Not easy.
    Bo that he could pull it off but as his dad was grabbing him I was grabbing his bike. LMAO it was all with in some inches.
    Hey some rides you just will not ever forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

I tell you what Chet this one was a good one and we hit so much variables all weekend long.
    Bret and bo are great to ride with and it will blow your mind the trails they know just about everywhere. And some we just plain hit cause they looked fun.

If it was not for the g- outs it would be a 3 rd gear day all day but the sand was deep and the rocks at the wrong places.
    Did not matter in the long haul as we just could not refuse the lets pass yours ass syndrom. We were on a roll rubbing branches and getting some.....