Thread: Constrychnine

Constrychnine

On October 6th, 2013, Tony, Micah and I headed through Constrychnine Canyon. It's an engaging canyon with fantastic scenery.

Name:  P1010379.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  135.7 KB

Name:  P1010386.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  93.7 KB

Name:  P1010390.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  103.1 KB

Name:  P1010392.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  77.7 KB

Name:  P1010400.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  39.4 KB

Name:  P1010406.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  63.3 KB

Name:  P1010411.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  148.6 KB

Name:  P1010419.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  80.5 KB

Name:  P1010420.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  92.2 KB

Name:  P1010421.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  141.0 KB

Tony and Micah are excellent company; they also happen to be very talented canyoneers. It was great to share this adventure with them!

Random thoughts:

The rope grooves in photo #1 were are all preventable. Extending the anchor at this drop is so easy a caveman could do it.

Anybody bitching about the missing bolts on rap #2 is as blind as a bat. There is a mother hugging tree 50 feet back from the drop that works great! The tree anchor allows for an easy start and also eliminates the possibility of leaving a rope groove (some were present above the RDC boulders). Also, we could easily move some of the boulders on the RDC side above the drop. Yes, one of them had webbing around it.

This exit is very easy and highly recommended: 38
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post

The rope grooves in photo #1 were are all preventable. Extending the anchor at this drop is so easy a caveman could do it.
    Those rope grooves have deepened! Sad to see.

Awesome in doing your part and extending over them (after that person in pic 1... you? ... rapped?). Hopefully others that follow will see the correct setup, and if a repair is needed, follow your example.

Great pics! Thanks for posting them up. Didn't happen to find a nice pocketknife in there did ya? I lost a really cool black pocketknife in there back in June...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

[QUOTE=Slot Machine;545281]

This exit is very easy and highly recommended: 38

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
    Awesome in doing your part and extending over them (after that person in pic 1... you? ... rapped?). Hopefully others that follow will see the correct setup, and if a repair is needed, follow your example.
    Thanks. Yes, that's me. We used a courtesy anchor for me and Tony, then Micah rapped last off the extended anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Great pics! Thanks for posting them up. Didn't happen to find a nice pocketknife in there did ya? I lost a really cool black pocketknife in there back in June...
    No, we didn't find anything. Thanks for not writing poetry about your lost knife.

Quote Originally Posted by ebernhoft View Post
    As for the grooves: As of two weeks ago I seemed to remember a LONG piece of webbing extending over the cliff's edge. I remember having a spicier than normal entry because of it....am I mixing up raps or has this anchor been modified?
    I'm pretty sure it is the same. It looked somewhat spicy (thus the courtesy rap), but Micah didn't say anything about it when he went last. He is pretty good at dealing with anchors that extend over the edge.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

7. Likes Mountaineer liked this post