Thread: WOW! - GOP Congressman Makes Park Ranger Apologize for Shutdown

WOW! - GOP Congressman Makes Park Ranger Apologize for Shutdown

In an astounding confrontation that took place yesterday at the World War II Memorial in DC, a Tea Party congressman from Texas appeared to blame the Park Service for denying veterans access to the facility — and then made a Park Ranger apologize for the shutdown.

"How do you look at them and ... deny them access?" Rep. Randy Neugebauer asked the unidentified Ranger in an incredible exchange that was caught on camera by NBC Washington.

In fact, the Park Service has been invoking the First Amendment in order to allow vets into the memorial despite the shutdown making it illegal for the department to do so.

"It's difficult," the Ranger replied. "Well, it should be difficult," scorned the congressman. "It is difficult," the Ranger repeated. "I'm sorry, sir."

"The Park Service should be ashamed of themselves," said Neugebauer. "I'm not ashamed," the Ranger retorted.

"You should be," sneered Neugebauer.

The good news is that, despite the GOP's best efforts to divert blame to literally anybody else, most Americans know full well who's truly to blame.

A just-released CBS News poll found that 44% fault the Republicans for the shutdown, while 35% fault Obama and the Dems.

Meanwhile, a whopping 72% disapprove of holding the entire budget hostage over Obamacare, including nearly 50% of all Republicans surveyed.

The day before he was taped harassing a Park Ranger for doing her job, Neugebauer went on The Chad Hasty Show to state that he will keep the government shut down for "as long as it takes" to ensure that Obamacare is not funded, claiming it was the will of the American people.

Source

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

WOW!!!! Talk about clueless! Like the ranger WANTED to shut down the park. OH MY. we are letting these kind of people run our country?? ugh.
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

That whole situation at the WWII memorial really had me scratching my head. On one hand, there is the literal instruction to shut down all units of the NPS. On the other hand, this memorial has open access (i.e., no gates, fees), so why would rangers be dispatched and instructed to block access?

It's almost as if the whole event was staged, but I can't see who would have benefited from this. No one looks good.

5. Likes Scott P liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    That whole situation at the WWII memorial really had me scratching my head. On one hand, there is the literal instruction to shut down all units of the NPS. On the other hand, this memorial has open access (i.e., no gates, fees), so why would rangers be dispatched and instructed to block access?

It's almost as if the whole event was staged, but I can't see who would have benefited from this. No one looks good.
    probably the reason tons of .gov websites have notices that they are closed... you know how those websites need a person there to ... wait they don't need a person there..
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

From what I understand about this whole government shutdown is that they are shutting it "down for "as long as it takes" to ensure that Obamacare is not funded". It almost sounds like they are going to wait for the people to say "Enough! just fund this stupid Obamacare so people have have their jobs back and open our parks again!". It sounds like they are trying to trick us into "us wanting" to fund Obamacare.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not a very political person.

The House is responsible for the monies spent. Kind of difficult to do anything with a president and a Senate that will not negotiate with them. My way or the highway Obama. He's always been that way.

As far as that GOP Neugebauer, I would have told him, go have a talk with your boss, jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Yeah, strange. Shut it down because of lack of funds, but pay people to keep folks out of an area that doesn't require any service?

Dog n' Pony show.

Mountain Man
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    A just-released CBS News poll found that 44% fault the Republicans for the shutdown, while 35% fault Obama and the Dems
    Nice bit of misinformation. Healthy majorities favor repealing Obamacare and favor Reps over Dems for cutting spending.

The issue is whether the thugs in the Dem party and WH can sufficiently make people suffer and deflect blame. No problem fooling you, acca.

Quote Originally Posted by dsr70 View Post
    Healthy majorities favor repealing Obamacare and favor Reps over Dems for cutting spending.
    Really? Yeah, healthy majorities, just not the way you think.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapoth...ing-obamacare/

Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    My way or the highway Obama. He's always been that way.
    Which is why we have single payer, oh wait. I mean public option, oh wait. We don't have either of those.

13. Likes hank moon liked this post
    Personally, my opinion is that Obamacare isn't intended to fix anything. The whole idea is to FUBAR the whole system and make things so bad that we'll be begging for anything else.

FWIW: I reduced my coverage this year but my premiums still went up $8 per paycheck. Not a lot, but it all adds up, inch by inch, dollar by dollar, the insidious ruse of Obamacare creeps in...

15. Likes Byron liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute Gravity View Post
    Which is why we have single payer, oh wait. I mean public option, oh wait. We don't have either of those.
    Oh yeah...well, as long as we keep electing Democrats, the Public Option is only a matter of time. Followed quickly by single payer.

The ACA actually included the public option, but they nixed it because starting up a whole new giant bureaucracy was too big a bite...they had enough trouble with the ACA itself and the trillion dollar stimulus careening all over the place. Obama himself said it is too much trouble to fire it up "From scratch"...but once everyone starts freaking out about the price they have to pay for something that they're ordered to buy, then they'll bring it on...unless the Republicans can get the power back and shitcan the whole thing.

What really cracks me up is all these people logging on the the exchange site and realizing the it's NOT FREE! "Credit card information? What the heck is this? A new monthly payment?".

It's said that 3 out of 10 drivers don't bother to buy auto insurance...how the heck are you going to force them to buy something that will probably cost 3 times as much? And a big shocker too, when those that blow it off see the fine deducted from their tax returns. The whole thing is going to crash and burn...and they full well know it.

What a crappy, stupid expensive way to force the creation of the "Department of Insurance". Oh well...suck it up and marvel at the giant, dysfunctional circus. A motto to live by?..."Stay healthy, my friends".

And in regards to the Congressman that was rude to the ranger...try to imagine how emotional it was to be there when all these old warriors are bummed out because of this...yeah, he could have been much more polite but I'll give him a pass. If he were a Democrat, I'd feel the same way.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Yea, the Genius failed to compute, or he knew this all along. How many of the youth is going to want to pay for the older population? They're paying the most and getting the least. With the first year tax for not signing up is just about $100. How many youths don't get sick? Not going to purchase it. Or if they do, they sign up with the precondition, get treated and bow out of healthcare. Or, up to 26 you're on your parents insurance. Tell me why they need a health plan before 27? See, it's going to become single payer. But, the law that passed is not the law we see today. So, who knows when the next trip to the Supreme Court will be.

Mountain Man
    Really? Yeah, healthy majorities, just not the way you think.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapoth...ing-obamacare/
    Really? Just not the way YOU think: http://news.investors.com/politics-o...s-new-high.htm "More troubling for backers is that independents have decidedly turned against the law. Nearly two-thirds (64%) of independents now oppose ObamaCare, up from 50% in August. Just 30% say they back the law, down from 40% in August."

Besides the specifics, polling shows massive distrust of government. Whether the people can put all the info together given the Dem bias of the media, culture, and government school system is another Q. But your day will come, along with the Demapukes you support.

Mountain Man

The day before he was taped harassing a Park Ranger for doing her job,
    Exactly who is doing the harassing?

“It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment. “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...s-of-the-game/

Do you really believe the crap you're fed by the Demapukes acca?

Quote Originally Posted by dsr70 View Post
    acca
    I'm not so sure Acca can be tossed into the liberal gene pool. I've concluded that he throws these thing up just for the effect. If I'm remembering correctly, I think he's put up posts in the basement in the past (infrequently) leaning right. Of course, he can come in and set the record straight, if he chooses.

Yeah, that Forbes poll had around thirty percent wanting it to be repealed and another thirty wanting major changes. Two thirds "not digging it" sounds like a majority to me.

The Democrats don't care one lick about the will of the people...they're mission is to "save us from ourselves", whether we like it or not. Coupled with a brutal master plan to cement permanent power...I'm curious how many subsidized voters Obamacare is going to buy.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Their mission is simply this:

Put a government in place that controls every aspect of the citizen's lifes. Total dependency on a government.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

@accadacca is apolitical, he's just quoting the story text, he rarely picks a political side, just FYI

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah the text is a direct quote from the YouTube video. I thought this was relevant news to Bogley, so why not let the members discuss it. That's what forums are for aren't they? I don't know the full backstory to this issue because I don't follow politics that closely. To me the congressman looks worse in this situation, regardless of the issue. Acting like a jerk, makes you look like a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I'm not so sure Acca can be tossed into the liberal gene pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    @accadacca is apolitical, he's just quoting the story text, he rarely picks a political side, just FYI
    I thought this was relevant news to Bogley, so why not let the members discuss it.
    Well played

25. Likes Byron liked this post