Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AF Canyon single track

AF Canyon single track

Will the gates be open w/ the government shutdown?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Eat. Poop. Ride/Hike/Ski. maChete's Avatar
    During the last Gov. shutdown in 05ish I tried going to Little Sahara Sand Dunes and there was a guy at the pay booth and he would not let us in
    Roger That....Over!

That would suck!!!!!! But there a few "Other ways" into AF canyon w/o gates!

AF Canyon was wide open tonight. No rangers at the entrance, but thats ok!!!!

Eat. Poop. Ride/Hike/Ski. maChete's Avatar
    That is awesome! How was the ride? I heard places like Lake Powell and Grand Canyon and all National parks were closed and had security at the entrances not allowing anyone in. Really sucks for the ppl that had vacations planned to these places.
    Roger That....Over!

FREE? lol
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

I am guessing that there wont be anyone replacing envelopes, or picking up the paid envelopes, at the self pay sites. The entrance station is closed, but the gates are open.

But yeah, its probably free for a while.......

I use my National Parks pass up there. VIP baby!

I use my witts and there is no card but? If I'm up that way I see it like this (1) fi they can't flagg it they can't follow it.So then it becomes see you later gator.I'm not here of there just a GHOST. SIONara biyches.

ood by and best of luck withyour depleated staff and all.

In short best time to ride for free------------------------------
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

I hope it dries out enough by Saturday to ride. It looks like there may still be snow up there come Saturday though.

I'd be up for a ride next week if the timing works.

Plan on a ride tomorrow after work. Hopefully its dry enough to ride. I know its poor form to ride things wet up there and so we will make the call when we get up there, but hopefully we can ride a few trails that arent muddy before the sun gives out!!!!

Hopefully my rear tire and chain have a few more rides in them before I replace them at years end.

What time are you riding and where are you meeting. I might be able to swing it. Has it rained recently? I've been out of town.

We will be leaving AF @ 4:30. I am still a noobie, so we still go slow, and it might bore you to death, but if you dont mind, would love to meet up.

Plan to be somewhere before 5:00 as by 7:00 its night time & COLD!

Has not rained in a long time and the snow keeps getting higher, but we could still end up just on the road to Mineral or somewhere else if the trails are wet.

The trails were perfect when I rode up there. Are you riding up from AF or throwing the bikes in a truck? I could meet you at tibble around 5 pm.

We will load bikes in AF.

I sent my cell in a PM.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppp.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzSR...it?usp=sharing

Trails were just a touch muddy in some spots, but not bad. A few areas had standing water but we just crawled through them to avoid making ruts. We only left a tread pattern in a few spots, but no ruts or moving dirt or mud around. Perfect conditions!!!!!!!

Buggers

Crap I thought you guys got snowed in by now
    Oh well winter is almost here and we all know what that will bring Great riding in the warm desert.
    Really I thought you got the blast of old man winter.
    Way cool to see that you got some AF open for a bit more. BUGGERS