Thread: lowering your Katoom

lowering your Katoom

Has anybody done this?

I need to drop about 1inch myself.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

when you watch the pros in the big rocks and such, They are masters of the field and if you look close it is obvious that they have some kick ass mods.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Eat. Poop. Ride/Hike/Ski. maChete's Avatar
    Go to synergyseals.com and read up on the X-bushing. It can lower your bike up to 7/8" with no major modification. I suggest getting the X-bushing/Z-bolt combo pack. This replaces the lower OEM heim joint on PDS suspensions (Heim Joint Alternative). I am using the F-bushing/Z-bolt combo and I can tell a huge difference over the stock heim joint which was starting to squeak and was needing replaced.
    Roger That....Over!

Umm you do realize I,m not on the link program right?
    in other words I have no link but I forget what they call these direct link bitches.

But I can see some advatages and I have your link lmao

Chet my friend this is about a 1/2" grind and some inter sus shit but it is said to only take away 50% ratio for loss of suspension and yet you can put a foot down when nedded. in other words for every 1 inch drop the sus only looses 1/2 inch> I don't understand any of this yet but I will>

PDS
    Roger That....Over!

I believe you have PDS (shock bolted directly to swing arm) The X-bushing/Z-bolt combo is exactly what you are wanting and it's an improvement over the stock heim joint.
    Roger That....Over!

Sorry bud I thought it was funny as hell at the time. See you have what they call linkage but mine is diret sus. so the whole shaving thing is a bit different but not really. It's interiror shavings on the susp. RIGHT?

YEP you have got it so help me out some bro.

The way it was explained to me is like this- you can loose 1" and still through a leg over on tricky terrain but only 50% of that in hard core ridding susp.
    But only 1 " cause anything more upsets the ballance of your susp. BUt? you need to set this in tune with the front.

But in short yes PDS with like say a razor.

PDS sounds pretty dam simple I give you a call MaChete and I need to learn lots more.
    x this z that? Friggin I'm lost allready.

Done deal and it works great. My g-outs only got to within 1 inch and they were some seriuos g-ssss
    By the way I love the tubes south of White sand wash but they have closed a bunch down:(

I hit some serious G outs but still had another inch to work with as I look at my bike in the garage. the dirt tells the story.