Thread: Capitol Reef Camping

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very intrested in this as well. I am growing tired of taking the boys to Little Wild Horse every fall.

Our guys, 11 and up loved Ding and Dang.

Can Ding and Dang be done safely w/o ropes and or canyoneering experience with 12-14 yr old Scouts? I have always wondered about just going a little further down the road to them.

Quote Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
    Can Ding and Dang be done safely w/o ropes and or canyoneering experience with 12-14 yr old Scouts? I have always wondered about just going a little further down the road to them.
    Yes, We have taken our 12-14 year old scouts through Ding and Dang and they had a blast! It might be wise to bring a 30' rope for some of the obstacles though. Some of the down climbs coming down Dang canyon are kinda tricky for people not use to downclimbing.
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

There are a few good primitive camping spots up the notom-bullfrog road. I'm not sure how close that is to Sulphur Creek, though.
    \
    --Cliff