Thread: 8/31/13 - Alpine Sliding Rock

Blog Entries

8/31/13 - Alpine Sliding Rock

We were headed to the Swell for a quick getaway when my friends Outback had overheating issues. So instead of pushing further we decided to head back to SLC. Hmm, what do to next.

We have rapped most good waterfalls in the Wasatch Front so that was out - but then I remembered that Shane posted an adventure about this natural granite water-slide near the town of Alpine. We pulled up the gps coords on our phones and 30minutes later we were there.

The hike was a good 30minutes to reach the feature and most of it is on a paved road.

It was a fun half-day adventure for sure and there were tons of women! yeeah!

Once you reach the feature, you can either climb to the left or right of it to reach the top. I would bring grippy shoes as this granite is very slippery.

Good times and a quick adventure.

And in like-fashion from Jeff's Youtube page:

We heard about a natural waterslide above the city of Alpine and with some digging we found the location and headed up there as a spur of the moment trip since a canyon trip fell through. The hike was only 1 mile up and 1 mile down and on a paved road most of the way! The water was cold, clear, and refreshing. The top of the slide is easy to by either climbing up to the left or right of the slide. No need for pads since it doesn't hurt to slide down even with some of the bumping that sometimes happens. While your up there be sure to hike up the creek a little higher and enjoy the extremely beautiful waterfall and crystal clear pools! Please also be respectful to the residence property and don't leave any trash behind. Thanks!

I shot this video with my GoPro HERO3 Black Edition camera at 1080p at 60fps and edited with iMovie. I had my GoPro mounted to my GoScope Extreme which is a telescoping pole and it works great with the J-Hook mount! Get your GoScope at http://go-scope.com.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement