Thread: Peak bagging

Peak bagging

I have a couple of days off of work and want to bag some peaks. I'm debating between doing some county high points or some uinta 13ers. I need Peale and Waas near Moab and alot of 13ers especially on the Kings-Emmons ridge. If anyone wants to tag along I will be going the 19th through the 21st of September.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Is Kings Peak on your agenda? I don't think I can be out there at the same time you will be. But if you bag Kings Peak from the Henrys fork TH, I may have some questions for you!

Kings would be on my agenda if I decide to hike in the Uintas. I'm not sure that I want to go solo to the Uintas. If I'm alone I'll probably drive to Moab.

Sounds like a fun trip, I did a solo of Kings last year and there were enough people around to make me not feel alone. That was mid august though.

Quote Originally Posted by fithspeed View Post
    I did a solo of Kings last year and there were enough people around to make me not feel alone. That was mid august though.
    Is there something wrong with me that I prefer a peak without any other people around? I'm fine with feeling alone!

I visited the Henrys Fork TH in mid-July, and to me it was a nightmare. It was a weekday yet every possible parking spot anywhere near the TH was full. There were people camping all over the place. I'm hoping it's not anything like that in late Sept. or October! If so I'll stick with Tokewanna or some other less-visited 13er.

(double post)
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

8. Likes PG Rob liked this post
    I visited the Henrys Fork TH in mid-July, and to me it was a nightmare.
    The route the original post is about actually has very few people. The chances of encountering others on that route to Kings are pretty slim. The Kings Emmons Ridge route completely avoids Henrys Fork.

Kings Peak can actually be climbed from many directions, but Henrys Fork is the one that gets almost all the traffic.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.