Thread: Tent Trailer Camping Recommendations

Tent Trailer Camping Recommendations

I am looking to drag my tent trailer to do a quick 2 night car camping adventure. I'm thinking somewhere along Mirror Lake Highway would be cool. Does anybody have any recommendations for a campground that can easily accomodate a trailer and can keep a couple of small boys occupied for a few days? It's only a 16' trailer, so I don't need anything huge.

Alternatively, I was thinking somewhere in Ogden Valley (just because it's a bit closer), but don't know any established campgrounds near there.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That meadow right below the Bald Mtn pass is great. Road in is good enough. Last year at this time we didnt have but 2 other groups in the entire area with us.

Tons of quick easy day hikes close by and the falls are just down the road. My boys 12, 8, 5 spent 4 hours there this year and I had to pull them away.

^^^^^^ was just going to suggest that same area
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Quote Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
    That meadow right below the Bald Mtn pass is great. Road in is good enough. Last year at this time we didnt have but 2 other groups in the entire area with us.

Tons of quick easy day hikes close by and the falls are just down the road. My boys 12, 8, 5 spent 4 hours there this year and I had to pull them away.
    Which side of the pass, north or south? Is this an actual improved camping area? I should have clarified, but I'm looking for something with a picnic table, fire pit, and pit toilet. Just one baby step more rugged than a KOA.

Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    Which side of the pass, north or south? Is this an actual improved camping area? I should have clarified, but I'm looking for something with a picnic table, fire pit, and pit toilet. Just one baby step more rugged than a KOA.
    The area is South of the pass (or just before you get to the pass when traveling from Kamas). That is where we often camp as well, although the entrance seems a little rough for a car. We do tow our 30' travel trailer in there without any problems.

If you want a designated campground, there are tons of them along the highway. We've stayed at a few -- Soapstone, Mirror Lake, and one other (can't remember the name) before my wife would allow me to tow the trailer off the road into the meadow. They all have bathrooms, water, tables, etc. You shouldn't have a problem finding a spot as long as you get there before Friday night. Mirror Lake is my favorite -- the walk around the lake is great for little kids, and there is plenty of other hiking nearby if they're up for something more. Bald Mtn isn't that bad -- my oldest were 6 and 5 when we did it first, and they really liked the hike.

**note -- you've probably already gone, but ... **