Thread: Lost Gear in the Hog Canyons, Sept 1st.

Lost Gear in the Hog Canyons, Sept 1st.

I created this account to post about some gear I lost this weekend.

My friend and I are competent 3BIII canyoneers and took some beginners down Hog 1 (Boss Hog) in the Hog Canyons of North Wash on September 1st. Two of the beginners took so long to get through all the stemming that by the time we made it to the final rappel, it was totally dark and everyone was completely beat. Apparently we are not that competent since when we stopped for a drink of water and a review of the guidebook to find the exit, we managed to set down the rope bag and not pick it up again. We didn't realize the pack was missing until we were 90% of the way up the 3rd-class gully exit. At that point it was close to midnight and everyone was so tired that going back for the pack was not an option.

I am pretty sure we left the bag on a sand bar on the right side of the canyon (looking downstream) a few hundred yards downcanyon from where Hog 1 ends.

The rope is getting a bit tired, so you probably won't want to use it yourself, but I would really like it back. I live in Boulder, CO so it is not really possible for me to come back to Utah to get the rope myself (otherwise I wouldn't be posting this).

If you are descending the Hog Canyons in the next couple of weeks and manage to find my rope bag before the exit, PLEASE PICK IT UP AND BRING IT BACK TO CIVILIZATION!!!

A 24-pack of your favorite carbonated beverage is in it for whoever can help me out. I can provide whatever details you need of the contents and description of the pack via PM or email.
    Last edited by gigamosh57; 09-02-2013 at 06:51 PM. Reason: fixed title

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Check your PMs.