Thread: Bangseonmun Valley: Jeju Island, South Korea

Bangseonmun Valley: Jeju Island, South Korea

I finally convinced my wife to go canyoneering with me! I just wrote up a whole long blog post about this canyon, so I think I'll just post the link to that. It also has lots of pictures, so check it out! Overall, I'd give this canyon a rating of 3B II, maybe just I, because it didn't take very long, but it would probably be a II if you started from the very top. It was a really beautiful place, though, and quite a bit of fun. It's also possible that the single rappel that I ran into could be bypassed or that a spot could be downclimbed. But then, I'm not sure why I'm trying to give beta, because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in this forum who's going to be canyoneering in South Korea, at least in the near future. At any rate, here's the
    link:

http://cliffandnancy.blogspot.kr/2013/08/in-which-we-go-canyoneering.html

Enjoy!
    --Cliff

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That's sweet. Enjoyed reading that. Defiantly something most people would never be able to do.

Loved your blog Cliff, the pics were beautiful and so is the canyon.

What was your wife pointing to in the pic after the Hyundai endorsement?

Also, if you don't mind me asking...what are you two doing in Korea?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    Loved your blog Cliff, the pics were beautiful and so is the canyon.

What was your wife pointing to in the pic after the Hyundai endorsement?

Also, if you don't mind me asking...what are you two doing in Korea?
    Thanks! She's pointing at another small waterfall. It didn't really show up in the picture. There were tons of small waterfalls throughout the whole canyon. We're here in Korea to teach English for a year. It's actually a pretty sweet deal. We work for a private school and don't have to be there until about 1:00 in the afternoon every day. They payed for us to fly over here and they're going to cover our return ticket, too, and they also pay for our housing. And, while we both have teaching licenses, all you really need to be able to do it is a bachelor's degree.
    --Cliff

6. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Very nice! My wife and I did that for two years in Viet Nam, then we moved back to CO for a year and now we are back in VN for two more years. What school are you guys at? Are you teaching on JeJu itself or on the mainland?

Sounds like we need to form an East Asia Canyons club.....I brought my lite canyoneering rack so I guess the race is on to see who can find more stuff!! But seriously, we may flying up there next spring, we should meet up!

We're at ILS and we are teaching on Jeju. I think it's nicer, at least outdoors-wise, than the mainland. Not that I've been to the mainland. Haha.
    --Cliff