Thread: opinions/experience needed on this rope bag

opinions/experience needed on this rope bag

Has anyone had any experience with this rope bucket by petzl? Similar form factor of the Imlay Silo's. Says the body has a layer of closed cell foam. I'd imagine putting a couple grommets in for drainage. It's only about $40 http://www.amazon.com/Petzl-Rope-Buc...m_cr_pr_sims_t

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've owned that exact one for about a year now. Bought it because I couldn't find a Imlay Silo and it was on sale on Amazon for $35.

It's an decent product and it basically does what it's supposed to. Need to add grommets for sure.

The sides aren't very rigid, but stay up pretty good when dry. Not so much when it's wet. It's a bit large and ungainly for typical canyoneering activities as it will easily holds 230' of Canyonero with room to spare.

Will work OK until Tom gets some more in (or Bootboy goes into production ).

Thanks for the input......I wonder if you got the larger version that's why it seems so big? Is the rim stiffened at all so when you hang it to stuff it stays open?

It is the small one...I'll post some pics later today of what it looks like after a few canyons and with the Canyonero in it.