Thread: Subway Late September

Subway Late September

I'm taking my wife through subway in late September and trying to decide if i need to get here another wet-suit she currently has a shorty (can't remember the thickness). I'm just curious anyone been through Subway in late September and that can recommend what thickness of wet-suit as well as if a shorty is enough protection. this will be my first trip through as well so i have nothing to base it off.

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    I took my family of 8 including 4 other friends late October last year and most didn't wear a wetsuit. However, the women were cold while just chilling. Plus it was a overcast day.

Since it is your first time and will take longer than you anticipate - I would bring a wetsuit for her. At least a 3mm. After you get done with the water section you can all change and be nice and warm (hot again) as you finish the hike.

A shortie would work - better than nothing. You can also rent wetsuits from outfitters in Springdale for like $15/day or so if you don't wanna buy a full-wetsuit.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"