Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Harness For My Wife

I like the "Black Diamond Couloir Mountaineering Harness" (http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en/...9BORGS_M1.html). I buy then on Sale. Same advantages as BD Alpine Bod with advantage/disadvantage of a belay loop and being lighter.

My wife has use both and not mentioned a difference. She prefers not to sit in cold murky water or stand on one leg to put on her harness.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I like the "Black Diamond Couloir Mountaineering Harness" (http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en/...9BORGS_M1.html). I buy then on Sale. Same advantages as BD Alpine Bod with advantage/disadvantage of a belay loop and being lighter.
    My wife has use both and not mentioned a difference. She prefers not to sit in cold murky water or stand on one leg to put on her harness.
    I have an alpine bod (or two), standard bod (modified) and the coulior. I don't find the fit of the coulior that great, but, its light and doesn't take up much room in a pack. I wouldn't think they'd last too long in a canyon environment. I'd consider it a disposible harness. Gear loops are pretty micro too.

Coulior is great for me in the Tetons on longer alpine climbs especially if I'm only going to do a single rappel or two and I'm not using/taking much climbing gear.

I'd use a Coulior in a canyon, say, the Subway, when I'd only don it for the short rappel bit. Perfect for that. Wouldn't last 100 feet of sideways scumming in Larry Canyon...

4. Likes ratagonia liked this post