Thread: 07/20/13 - Water Canyon (Hilldale)

Blog Entries

07/20/13 - Water Canyon (Hilldale)

Unfortunately, I was unable to make it on this trip (lousy last-minute work schedule) but Jeff Guest and gang, were able to do this with Nick North and few other buddies the day after completing Imlay.

For your viewing pleasure, and quoted from his youtube page:

Be sure to watch it at 1080p!

Water canyon is an awesome canyon located on the UT/AZ border just outside of the Hilldale/Colorado City polygamist community. The dirt road out there was muddy. This canyon is pretty cool because you hike up right along the side of the canyon proper most of the way up. and you can bypass the last 2 rappels if you want because the trail is right there! Be sure to go all the way to the top instead of dropping in early so you can get the good stuff! This canyon is now one of my favorites and will be done again soon and the best part is there is no permit required! Just a heads up, Nick went back down to do the canyon again 2 weeks after I shot this video and that pool that Chase and I jumped into off the log is now filled with sand and no water! It's crazy how fast canyons can change!
    You can get the beta and Waypoints off of Bluugnome (http://www.bluugnome.com)

I shot this video with my GoPro HERO3 Black Edition camera at 1080p at 30fps and edited with iMovie. I had my GoPro mounted to my GoScope Extreme which is a telescoping pole and it works great with the J-Hook mount! Get your GoScope at http://go-scope.com.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. Likes ghawk, D.O.N.E., Byron, pikan liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well now...yet another one to investigate.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Great video! Looks fun! Not sure I'd consider the 10th and 11th rappels optional though!
    How long did it take to hike to the top?

My husband did this one a few days after. I was unfortunately out of town so I couldn't go. I was bummed before and now even more so after watching the video! Looks like such a fun canyon!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.N.E. View Post
    My husband did this one a few days after. I was unfortunately out of town so I couldn't go. I was bummed before and now even more so after watching the video! Looks like such a fun canyon!!
    I haven't done it either, but my friend Jeff says it's a good worth repeating, especially since you can do the whole thing in about 4-5 hours.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"