Thread: Egypt Beta & Conditions

Egypt Beta & Conditions

I'm driving down early Saturday morning for a Sunday romp through Peekaboo and Spooky so I'm thinking about descending Egypt II or III Saturday afternoon. I haven't done either of these canyons before so any information would be helpful.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Egypt III is nice and pretty easy. Never been down Egypt II because the group I go with aren't fans. The big rappel is supposed to be fun but the rest is meh. Maybe look at Micro Death Hollow as an alternative too. It is really fun, super easy to get too, has a gorgeous ~260ft entry rappel, and can be done easily in an afternoon. The hike out is kind of steep but not too long.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...o-Death-Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by UtahAdventureGuide View Post
    I'm driving down early Saturday morning for a Sunday romp through Peekaboo and Spooky so I'm thinking about descending Egypt II or III Saturday afternoon. I haven't done either of these canyons before so any information would be helpful.
    E3 is great. Use Tom's beta. Follow his entrance and exit routes precisely, and you will have a very fun day.

Personally, I like E1 more than E2. I used Kelsey's beta for E2.

Here is the beta for E1: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...?66272-Egypt-1
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

It's really hot this time of year for those canyons, especially since the uphill is at the end so getting an early start won't help much. There are canyons nearby that are better for summer.

I'd recommend something like Boulder Creek, 40mile/Willow, Lower Death Hollow, etc, this time of year.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

6. Likes Byron liked this post