Thread: Death Valley National Park permit system

Death Valley National Park permit system

The American Canyoneers <www.americancanyoneers.org> and many individual canyoneers gave input to Death Valley National Park concerning various ideas the park had for a permit system. I am pleased to see the various entities working with each other to figure out a plan. Here is information from the American Canyoneers Facebook page.
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=lucida grande]Death Valley finalizes the Wilderness and Backcountry Stewardship Plan

The National Park Service (NPS) has issued a new Wilderness and Backcountry Stewardship Plan for Death Valley National Park that regulates technical Canyoneers for the first time.

In October of last year American Canyoneers learned that the preferred alternative for this plan included a restrictive canyon by canyon permit system. We asked our members, and the greater canyoneering community, to comment on the plan against the restrictive permit system here:
    http://www.americancanyoneers.org/de...lley-nps-plan/

As a result of feedback from Canyoneers, the NPS substantially amended their permit requirement.

Additionally, a number of other rule changes were enacted as summarized below:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sounds mostly awesome. I wish "substantially amended" read "trashed the idea entirely" instead!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDuke View Post
    I wish "substantially amended" read "trashed the idea entirely" instead!
    X2

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Here is the summary of the plan. <http://www.americancanyoneers.org/death-valley-final-plan/>