Thread: Timpanogas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    Nice! Looks like a good trip. Didn't I tell ya the the sunrise was cool?

How was the "glacier"? Get to slide down any of it? Or did u go back the same way u came?
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Congrats! Great photos.

5. Likes TXtrailhunter liked this post
    Looks like you had the place all to yourselves! I've never seen the lake or summit without 100+ people...

I've always loved that hike.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

7. Likes TXtrailhunter liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Nice! Looks like a good trip. Didn't I tell ya the the sunrise was cool?

How was the "glacier"? Get to slide down any of it? Or did u go back the same way u came?
    The sunrise and sunset were both amazing. we didn't slide down the glacier. We left our packs behind the rocks on the ridge so we went down the way we came. Next time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    Looks like you had the place all to yourselves! I've never seen the lake or summit without 100+ people...

I've always loved that hike.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.
    That's why we put it off for so long because all I've heard about is it's always over crowded, but that wasn't the case this time. We had the summit all to ourselves and there were only three other tents within a couple hundred yards or so.

Thanks for your post. It is a great hike, although I've only done a 1 day on the Timpooneke trail; it was some time ago, I did it fairly early in the season, and I don't remember seeing anyone camped out along the route.

It sounds from your description that you backpacked in and camped? Where did you camp? Was it on the Aspen Grove trail or Timpooneke trail? I would like to do this as a shake-down/preparation for my young men's group in their preparation to hike Kings Peak next summer.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tystevens View Post
    Thanks for your post. It is a great hike, although I've only done a 1 day on the Timpooneke trail; it was some time ago, I did it fairly early in the season, and I don't remember seeing anyone camped out along the route.

It sounds from your description that you backpacked in and camped? Where did you camp? Was it on the Aspen Grove trail or Timpooneke trail? I would like to do this as a shake-down/preparation for my young men's group in their preparation to hike Kings Peak next summer.

Thanks!
    Ty, We hiked in from the Timpoonoke side and down the Aspen Grove side, we found a nice please to camp overlooking Hidden Lakes

12. Likes Tystevens liked this post