Thread: 1-2 spots open for Wind River Range August 16-24

1-2 spots open for Wind River Range August 16-24

I had a last minute cancellation and would like to get another 1-2 people for a trip planned in the Winds later this month.

The plan is to start at Elkhart Park, cross the divide at Angel Pass, then spend a few days east of the divide chasing golden trout and exploring a lesser visited part of the range in the Fitzpatrick Wilderness. Then cross back over the divide at Wall Pass (or possibly Cook pass if our legs have had enough) and loop back to Elkhart.

This trip will be mostly off trail with lots of creek crossings and spiciness, but hopefully nothing too extreme. None of the passes should require any ice/snow gear. If you're relatively experienced and would like to come chase some goldens, I have spent an inordinate amount of time researching where to find them and am confident that we will be in prime golden territory. (Getting them to take my flies may be another story)

PM me if you're interested and I'll get you the details. We will be leaving out of Salt Lake City, leaving to drive up to Pinedale Friday the 16th after work so we can hit the trail first thing Saturday morning.

My mama didn't raise no fool!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Be sure to leave some goldens for me to catch. I'm heading up on the 27th until the 2nd.
    Darin