Thread: Semi newbie looking to do canyons

Semi newbie looking to do canyons

I am looking to get out on weekends and do some canyoneering. I have done Yankee, Boultergeist, Mystery, Subway, Fat Mans. I got introduced to canyoneering a little bit ago and fell in love with it, but I don't hang out with the person I was going with anymore. Sooo.. I am looking for new people to go with. I am a total beginner, don't know how to do anchors or anything.. need to be taught. I am 28 and in good shape. I was also learning to climb. I have my own harness and rappelling device. If you would like some extra company email me! Thanks!

2. Likes blueeyes liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    Welcome - you are about the same age as my group. I'm 29.

We are planning on some canyons this next week in Zion or possibly the Swell or Roost. Depends on everyone's work schedule of course and last minute changes but that's the tentative plan.

I just moved to SLC and that's were most of us live as well, but you are welcome to join us for any of our trips. PM me if you are interested.

-Brett
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

I'll be in Zion weekend of october 18 and should have room for you. Let me know if you are interested. I have permits for pine creek and keyhole on Saturday. Spry on sunday. Mystery and echo on monday. Behunin on tuesday.

Stop by the store with your contact info and I will hit you up on our next trip. We are always taking new people out and happy to do it.

TJ

Adventure Plus
    765 N. Bluff #D
    St. George

Highly recommend that you do this! ^^^ I haven't canyoneered with TJ yet but he's always super helpful and friendly when I visit Adventure Plus. He takes the time to answer my questions and never hesitates to show me examples on their ropes.
    I'm new to canyooneering too :) pm sent and I'll get you introduced to the folks I go out with.

8. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I can say she is climbs like a spider and is extremely fun in a canyon!
    Chere'

Thanks chere!!

I would love to do the canyons over the weekend.. my bf will be free also.. do u possibly have room for 2 people??

Quote Originally Posted by sweetygurl_03 View Post
    I would love to do the canyons over the weekend.. my bf will be free also.. do u possibly have room for 2 people??
    Who are you talking too?

I was replying to a pm.. still figuring out this website haha