Thread: Aug 10 - thinking Yankee Doodle/Boltergeist?

Aug 10 - thinking Yankee Doodle/Boltergeist?

I'm hoping to find an experienced canyoneer to come out with a friend and I on Aug 10. We'll both have our own harnesses, and rappel devices. I have 120' rope and another 120' pull cord. I can and have set up rappels, albeit double rope or a simple clove hitch set up. I understand how to tie a figure eight, fisherman's knot, stone knot and water knot. I also know basic prusik and klemheist set-ups. We are both in good shape. I've done several canyons but still consider myself a beginner, I understand there is an awful lot I've yet to learn! I have a tibloc, duck, and rollnlock ascender tools. She has done some basic rappels, and is a former climber so she isn't a complete newb. I'd really appreciate some experience as I don't feel ready to strike out on my own. I'm including some of my experience so you can be reassured I'm hardly expecting someone to come out and set up each rappel, and babysit us either. Sorry for the run on, my enter key has decided to quit working at the moment..not sure why and it's only within this post box for the new thread that it seems to be misbehaving. If you are interested let me know :)

2. Likes Mountaineer liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hi Done,

We are kind of rookies as well but have several canyons under our belt since taking this up 3 years ago. We'll be in Zion between the 4th and 18th looking for people to expose us to new canyons, maybe stepping it up to a 3C class before the end. We were thinking about doing Yankee Doodle for our first time on the 5th and possibly Boltergeist sometime later.
    We'll be staying in the south campground hopefully along the river. If your still looking for someone and we're not committed to do something else, we'll have a green and yellow tent with gear spread about.

Brian

Hey Brian sent you a pm.

You should be able to do Yankee and Bolter in the same day and get out by lunch....

Then that is what we will do, thanks. It has been a scramble to get everything ready for this trip and the canyon details like this we deferred to look into them on the plane ride.